Chapter Two . . . Wendigo

Kylie's POV

I sat in the backseat of the Impala, sipping my coffee, and watching out my window as Dean drove. Sam was asleep in the passenger seat, and it looked to be anything other than a peaceful slumber.

I couldn't exactly blame him though, I couldn't sleep peacefully either. So, I stuck to not sleeping at all.

The images of Jessica lying on the ceiling, bleeding and slowly dying filled my head, and the idea of me seeing it and given the ability to stop it haunted me.

"You alright back there?" Dean asked and catching my eye in his mirror.

"I've been better." I answered as I sipped on my coffee.

"Why don't you get some shut eye?" He suggested, but I shook my head.

"I'm alright. Not really tired." I lied. I wanted nothing more than to close my eyes and sleep for days.

"Kylie we've been in the same room for what? A week now?" He questioned and shook his head. "I haven't seen you sleep a lot." He informed me, except I already knew the truth.

"Yeah, well can you really blame me?" I sighed.

"No." He answered in a whisper. "But I need you."

I opened my mouth wanting to ask him what he meant, but Sam's awakening interrupted us.

"You okay?" Dean asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said while glancing out the window.

"Another nightmare?" I asked gently.

Sam cleared his throat and ignored me.

"You wanna drive for awhile?" Dean asked and I gasped.

"What!" I turned to Sam. "Take the opportunity man! Take it!"

Sam cracked me a smile before looking at Dean.

"Dean, your whole life you never once asked me that." Sam noted.

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean shrugged, acting offended.

"Can I drive?" I asked only to see Dean smirk in the mirror.

"No."

"Why not?" I asked, leaning up to look at his handsome face.

"Because only Winchester men get to drive the car." He teased.

"I'm as much of a Winchester as you and Sam." I pointed out.

"Not a man though." He chuckled.

"Fine." I pouted and leaned back in my seat before sighing and leaning back up to look at Sam. "You want to talk about it?"

Sam shook his head. "Look, I know you guys are worried about me. I get it," He paused to look me in the eyes. "and thank you," He shook his head and looked at Dean. "but I'm perfectly okay."

I felt guilty, and there was nothing I wanted to do more than to tell Dean and Sam that I had visions of Jessica's death, but if I did, I couldn't imagine the things they would do to me.

"Mm-hm." Dean only nodded, and I let out a sigh.

Sam wasn't okay which meant Dean wasn't okay, and I was the one who could have prevented it all.

"All right, where are we?" Sam asked as he pulled out the map.

"We are just outside of Grand Junction." I explained and took a sip of my coffee.