Hook Man (2)

Hook Man (2)

Kylie's POV

Churches made me uneasy.

I didn't know what it was. I don't know if it was what I saw in my life as a hunter, or the way that some churches left a bad taste in my mouth.

Some churches were good, I had been to a couple growing up trying to find the meaning behind my life. While others just seemed to bring me down, making me believe that I was going to hell. Maybe I was, but I also knew things that a lot of churches didn't.

"I don't like this." I muttered as we walked up the stairs to the church, a voice echoing could be heard from outside.

Dean smiled at me softly. "You can wait in the car."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." He had been on me about this case ever since driving from the fraternity house, he said that I looked like crap, and that no one was going to give me any answers with the way I was looking.

I told him where to shove it and now we're here.

I reached for the door, walking in first only to listen as it slammed behind me loudly, making the whole church look at us.

I turned and glared at the guys who only gave apologetic smiles before pushing me to a seat in the back.

"So, please, let us pray. For peace, for guidance, and for the power to protect our children." The reverend said.

I let out a soft sigh and bowed my head, closing my eyes as my head burned with a fiery heat. I bit back a string of curses knowing that I was in a church as my vision filled with red almost like blood. Everything around me began to shake and I felt myself being pulled into another world.

I held on with all my might, my hands going into tight fists as I fought to stay where I was in the church with others around me.

A soft nudge to my shoulder had me opening my eyes and gasping for air.

"Ky? You coming?" Sam asked.

I looked around watching as everyone around me had gotten up and was leaving the church.

I licked my dry lips and looked at Sam. "Sorry, must've fell asleep." I tried to joke as I stood up, holding on to the pew for support.

"Yeah, not the most exciting thing in the world." Sam chuckled. "You know there is no shame in sitting this one out?"

I raised a brow and shook my head. "Now you sound like Dean."

"You don't look the greatest." He admitted as we headed outside, Dean already out there waiting by the door.

"Yeah, well neither do you." I nudged him as we stopped next to Dean glancing around.

I nodded towards a young girl who was hugging her friend. "There."

We moved forward stopping in front of who I assumed was Lori.

"Are you Lori?" Sam asked.

"Yeah." She nodded, crossing her arms slightly.

"My name is Sam, this is my brother Dean, and my sister Kylie." He explained as Dean waved while I gave a small smile.

"Hi." Dean smiled.

"We just transferred here to the university." Sam lied smoothly.

"I saw you inside." Lori said, interrupting Sam.

"We don't wanna bother you. We just heard about what happened and-"

"We wanted to say how sorry we were." Dean finished.