Dead Man's Blood (1)

Kylie's POV

"Hand me that would you?" Dean asked with a smile as I passed him another section of the newspaper.

We were laying low, trying to find a case to keep us occupied, but so far we found zip.

"Well, no a decent lead in all of Nebraska." Dean sighed as he folded up the paper. "What've you got?"

"Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota." Sam said shaking his head.

"I found this," I shrugged putting down the paper, "A woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an airplane and survived."

Dean hummed and shook his head. "Sound more like "The Incredible' than, uh 'Twilight Zone'."

"Yeah." Sam agreed.

Dean looked at me and smirked before glancing at his brother. "Hey, you know we could just keep heading east. New York. Upstate." He shrugged. "We could drop by and see Sarah again, huh?" Dean wagged his brows. "Cool chick. You two seemed pretty friendly. What do you say?"

I was hopeful that Sam would say yes and we could spend a few more days with Sarah, but I knew better.

"Yeah, I don't know, maybe someday." He sighed. "But in the meantime we got a lot of work to do Dean, and you know that."

"Yeah all right." Dean pouted. "What else you got?"

"Umm, man in Colorado, local man named Daniel Elkins, was found mauled in his home." Sam read off from his laptop.

"Elkins?" Dean raised a brow. "I know that name."

"Doesn't ring a bell." I shook my head.

"Elkins . . . Elkins . . .Elkins." Dean mumbled trying to think.

"Sounds like the police don't know what to think. At first they said it was some sort of bear attack and now, they've found signs of robbery." Sam glanced at me.

"Mm-hmm." Dean hummed as he went flipping through John's journal before stopping. "There, check it out."

Dean flipped the journal around showing Sam and I the name and a phone number.

"You think it's the same Elkins?" I asked.

"It's a Colorado area code." Dean nodded

"Looks like we're going to Colorado." I nodded, sipping my coffee.

-------------------

It was a long and snowy ride to Colorado, but I was restless.

Something about this case didn't settle with me the right way, and it worried me. It seems like I had intuitions to certain cases.

With a pick of Elkin's lock we went inside, a mess filling the cabin.

"Looks like the maid didn't come today." Dean noted.

I looked around and noted the salt at the door. "Hey, there's salt over here. Right beside the door."

Dean was flickering through an old journal. "You mean protection against demon salt, or 'oops I spilled the popcorn' salt."

Sam stood beside me and nodded. "It's a clear ring. You think this guy Elkins was a player?"

"Definitely." Dean and I said at the same time.

Sam and I followed Dean, looking down at the journal he was looking at.

"That looks a hell of a lot like Dad's." Sam noted.