Dead Man's Blood (2)

Kylie's POV

It was starting.

The tension between Sam and John, it was thick and it made it hard for me breathe at points, but I sucked it up.

We were working a job, and I had to be strong for my boys.

John insisted that we stayed back by the Impala while he talked to the police and Sammy was not happy with that idea.

"I don't see why we couldn't have gone over with him." Sam said softly, exactly like when we were kids.

"Oh don't tell me it's already starting." Dean complained.

"What's starting?" Sam asked confused.

We quickly stopped talking as John got to us, pushing away our pain.

"What have you got?" Dean asked.

"It was them all right. Looks like they're heading west. We'll have to double back to get around that detour."

"How can you be so sure?" Sam asked, making Dean tense.

"Sam . . ."

"I just wanna know we're going in the right direction." Sam spoke sharply to Dean.

I instantly wrapped my arms around Dean, for comfort but it only made him stiffen more.

John glanced at us before looking back at Sam.

"We are." John confirmed.

"How do you know?" Sam asked.

John pulled something out of his pocket, giving it to Dean.

Dean looked at it and shook his head. "It's a . . . a vampire fang." He said showing me.

"Not fangs, teeth." John corrected. "The second set descends when they attack." He nodded before almost glaring at Sam. "Any more questions?"

Sam looked away from his father, staying silent.

"All right, let's get out of here, we're losing daylight." I said, trying to break the tension as I unwrapped my arms from Dean.

We started to head to our cars, staying quiet.

"Hey Dean why don't you touch up your car before you get rust?" John called making me tense up. "I wouldn't have given you the damn thing if I thought you were going to ruin it." He said just before slipping into his truck.

I glanced at Dean who looked down at his car.

"The car looks fine, Dean, he's just being a dad." I tried before Dean whipped his head around to look at me.

"What was that back there?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"What do you mean?" I shook my head.

"I thought we were going to wait to tell my dad." He pointed out. "At least until we got whatever it is he's looking for."

"You think he's giving you attitude because of me?" I chuckled darkly. "You couldn't be more wrong." I shook my head before sliding into the Impala.

----------------------------

We were on the road, Sam driving, Dean in the passenger side, and me in the back reading.

"Vampires nest in groups of eight to ten. Smaller packs are sent to hunt for food. Victims are taken to the nest where the pack keeps them alive, bleeding them for days or weeks." I read off before closing the journal I was reading from. "I wonder if that's what happened to that 911 couple."