Home (3)

Home (3)

Kylie's POV

We waited in the living room of Missouri Mosely's house as she finished up a reading on one of her customers.

My palms were sweaty and I had a constant heat flush over me as we sat on the couch. I rubbed my palms on my jeans hoping that I would feel some sort of relief but it never came.

I aired my flannel hoping that it would help but it only got me weird stares from Sam and Dean.

"What?" I asked, irritated.

"What the hell are you doing?" Dean asked.

"Aren't you guys hot?" I let out, pushing my sunglasses on top of my head.

Sam raised a brow and shook his head. "Are you getting sick again?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and went to answer when Missouri walked out with a relieved looking man.

"All right, there. Don't you worry 'bout a thing. Your wife is crazy about you." Missouri reassured as the man thanked her and left.

Once the door was shut she let out a breath. "Whew. Poor bastard. His woman is cold-banging' the gardener." She turned to us with a smile.

"Why didn't you tell him?" Dean asked.

"People don't come here for the truth. They come for good news."

Well she wasn't wrong about that one I guess. People pay her for what they want to hear.

"Well?" She eyed me before looking at the boys. "Sam, Dean, and Kylie, come on already. I ain't got all day."

She left the room and with a confused look from the boys we got up and followed her into the next room.

"I like her." I whispered to Dean.

Dean rolled his eyes as we stopped in front of Missouri, her eyeing us up and down. "Well, lemme look at you." She let out a laugh. "Oh, you boys grew up handsome." She pointed a finger at Dean. "And you were one goofy-lookin' kid, too."

Sam and I let out a snicker before she went to me. "I never seen you before. You came after John left, right. After you father died?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded. "Yes ma'am."

"Hm . . . " She touched a lock of my hair gently. "We will need to have some girl time, just us." She winked, making me pale.

She went over to Sam and sighed. "Sam. Oh honey," She gave him a sad smile. "I'm sorry about your girlfriend."

Dean and Sam seemed shocked, but I wasn't.

"And your father – he's missin'?" She asked.

Dean and Sam stood there stunned.

"How'd you know all that?" Sam asked.

"Well, you were just thinkin' it just now." She smiled.

Sam's eyebrows raised with surprise and I bit my lip to hide my excitement.

"Well, where is he? Is he okay?" Dean started the questions.

"I don't know." Missouri shook her head.

"Don't know?" He glanced at me and back at her. "Well, you're supposed to be a psychic, right?"

I smacked Dean on the back of the head.

"Don't." I hissed.

Missouri shook her head and smiled at me before the fire lit up in her eyes at Dean. "Boy, you see me sawin' some bony tramp in half? You think I'm a magician? I may be able to read thoughts and sense energies in a room, but I can't just pull facts out of thin air." She seemed to relax after her rant. "Sit, please."

Sam and I smirked at Dean before going to sit down on the couch.

Just as I got comfortable I jumped at Missouri's voice.

"Boy, you put your foot on my coffee table, I'm 'a whack you with a spoon!" She snapped.

"I didn't do anything!" Dean said defensively.

"But you were thinkin' about it." She warned.

"Okay, so, our dad – when did you first meet him?" Sam smiled.

"He came for a reading. A few days after the fire. I just told him what was really out there in the dark. I guess you could say," She paused, "I drew back the curtains for him."

"What about the fire? Do you know about what killed our moms?" Dean questioned.

"A little. Your daddy took me to your house. He was hopin' I could sense the echoes, the fingerprints of this thing." She nodded.

"And could you?" I asked gently.

"I . . ." She shook her head.

"What was it?" I questioned, softly so she wouldn't snap at me.

"I don't know. Oh, but it was evil." Missouri let out softly.

I nodded, knowing her frustration as I felt it myself.

"So . . . you think somethin' is back in that house?" She asked.

"Definitely." Sam nodded.

"I don't understand." Missouri shook her head.

"What?" I sat at the edge of my seat.

"I haven't been back inside, but I've been keepin' an eye on the place, and it's been quiet. No sudden deaths, no freak accidents. Why is it actin' up now?" She asked.

"I don't know. But John going missing and Jessica dying and now this house all happening at once – it just feels like something's starting." I explained.

"That's a comforting thought." Dean said sarcastically.

"We have to get to the house." I told Dean and Sam.

Missouri nodded before standing up. "I have to grab somethin'. Kylie would you mind helping me?" She questioned.

"Of course." I stood up following her into the kitchen.

She opened a cabinets where there were jars of herbs and roots.

"You are really good for these boys, helping them out not only with the physical grunt but the emotional." She handed me a cloth bag.

"I just do what I can." I nodded. "They've helped me out so much, it's the least I can do."

Missouri smiled at me. "Oh but dear how are you going to help them when you can't help yourself?" She asked softly.

I let out a sigh knowing she was going through my head. "What do you know?"

"You're falling apart, literally." She let out, and handed me a jar.

I put the jar in the bag. "What do I do?"

She stayed silent before looking at me. "You're falling apart because you are going into everyone's mind past and future all at once. You need to control it, relax your body." She nodded. "It's like you're in a marathon that never ends, and you never stop or slow down for a break."

"How do I get that break?" I questioned.

"Your visions are connected to your emotions." She smiled. "To control your visions, you have to control your emotions."

"Easier said than done." I breathed out.

"Drinking isn't going to help you." She scolded. "You have to help yourself in another way."

"Great." I nodded and breathed out.

"I can also give you a little something to make you strong, if you like." Missouri smiled as she took out the rest of what she needed.

"If it's not too much trouble." I shook my head.

"No trouble at all." She shut the cabinet. "I'll get it ready when we come back." She nodded.

"Great." She brushed passed me and I let out a sigh.

I needed to control things before it was too late.