Route 666 (3)

Route 666 (3)

Dean's POV

I was between a rock and hard place with Cassie and Kylie.

Did I still have feelings for Cassie, of course I did, she was the only normal part of my past, the only normal part I ever had with my job.

Kylie . . . she was always there, always taking care of me, showing me what a girlfriend should truly be, but she was hiding things from me. I always felt like I could trust her. Trust her with things about my dad, Sam, and even things about my mom, so her secrets almost felt like a betrayal.

"Hey are you with me?" Sam chuckled, waving his hand in my face.

I blinked a few times and nodded. "Yeah."

We stepped out of the Impala walking down a long pier, taking note of a few people who were fishing until we reached two older gentlemen who were eating lunch.

"Excuse me. Are you Ron Stubbins?" Sam asked.

Ron nodded, giving me confirmation.

"You were friends with Jimmy Anderson?" I asked causing him to raise his brow.

"Who are you?" Ron asked confused.

"We're Mr. Anderson's insurance company. We're just here to dot I's and cross T's." I smiled, putting on a face.

"We were just wondering, had the deceased mentioned any unusual recent experiences?" Sam pushed.

"What do you mean, 'unusual'?" Ron asked even more confused then before.

"Well visions, hallucinations." Sam said casually.

"It's part of a medical examination kind of thing. All very standard." I added, trying to make it seem normal.

"What company did you say you were with?"

He was getting suspicious, and I didn't blame him. This is where I would have Kylie come in, give him that big beautiful smile, flip her curls a little bit.

Did I miss her?

"All National Mutual. Tell me, did he ever mention seeing a truck? A big black truck?" I asked.

"What the hell you talking about?" He shook his head. "You even speaking English?"

"Son this truck, a big scary monster looking thing?" Ron's friend asked.

Bingo

"Yeah actually, I think so." I nodded, playing dumb.

"Hmm." The friend hummed.

"What?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"I have heard of a truck like that." He nodded.

"You have? Where?" Sam asked.

"Not where. When." He glanced at me and Sam. "Back in the '60's there was a string of deaths. Black men. Story goes, they disappeared in a big, nasty, black truck."

I glanced over at Sam then back at the man. "They ever catch the guy who did it?"

"Never found him. Hell, not sure they even really looked." He shifted in his seat. "See there was a time, this town wasn't too friendly to all it's citizens." He nodded as he gave me the information.

"Thank you." Sam said before turning to walk away.

I followed his lead, walking down the pier.

"Truck." I spoke.

"Keeps coming up doesn't it?" Sam asked as I pulled out my cellphone, making sure Kylie didn't call.

She didn't.