Bugs (4)

Bugs (4)

Kylie's POV

I wasn't too thrilled to be walking in the woods, especially in my nicer pair of boots, but that's exactly what I was doing all because of some killer bugs.

"So, if you knew about all this bug stuff, why not tell your dad? Maybe he could clear everybody out." Sam suggested, and I knew exactly where this was going.

"Believe me, I've tried. But, uh, Larry doesn't listen to me." Matt said and I caught how he was on a first name basis with his dad.

"Why not?" Sam pushed.

"Mostly?" Matt asked. "He's too disappointed in his freak son."

Sam let out a scoff. "I hear you."

"You do?" Dean asked.

Sam turned and gave him a look, and Dean actually looked like he had no idea what Sam was talking about.

I just wish they knew how easy they had it. Sure, they got into their arguments and John was strict, but they just didn't understand what a bad dad actually was.

"Matt, how old are you?" Sam asked casually.

"Sixteen." Matt answered.

"Well, don't sweat it, because in two years, something great's gonna happen."

"What?" Matt asked confused.

Sam gave Matt a big grin. "College. You'll be able to get out of the house and away from your dad."

Dean spoke up before I was able to. "What kind of advice is that? Kid should stick with his family."

Sam only sighed and glared at Dean.

I rolled my eyes at the both of them.

"How much further, Matt?" I asked, stuffing my hands in my coat pocket.

"We're close." Matt promised.

It took only a few minutes and a lot of glaring from Sam before we arrived at a large clearing, the sound of different insects filled my ears.

"I've been keeping track of insect populations." Matt looked embarrassed. "It's, um, part of an AP science class."

"You two are like peas in a pod." Dean mocked.

Sam ignored him while I swatted his arm.

"What's been happening?" Sam asked.

"A lot." Matt confirmed. "I mean, from bees to earthworms, beetles . . . you name it. It's like they're congregating here." He explained.

"But why?" I asked.

"I don't know." Matt shook his head.

"What's that?"

We turned our attention to where Sam was pointing.

It was a dark patch of grass, just a few feet away.

Curiously we walked over to it, only to discover hundreds of worms.

Dean made a point to step on some of them, making them fall into the ground, creating a hole.

"What the hell?" I asked mostly myself.

Dean crouched down, using a stick to poke around in the hole.

"There's something down there." He said, while looking up at us.

Putting the stick, to the side, he reached his hand in the hole.