Nightmare (3)

Nightmare (3)

Kylie's POV

We arrived at the Miller's house once again. Dean and Sam were in their priest's outfits while I wore a simple flowered dress with black heels.

"My mom's resting, she's pretty wrecked." Max said as he led us in, me walking slightly slowly from the bruised ribs, but I couldn't let that show.

"Of course." Dean nodded.

"All these people kept coming with like, casseroles. I finally had to tell them all to go away. You know, cause nothing says I'm sorry like a tuna casserole." Max tried to relieve the tension making Sam smile.

Max led us to the lounge, letting us take our seats.

There was a few moments of silence before I let out a sigh.

"How are you holding up?" I asked gently.

"Okay." Max nodded, not seeming too upset.

"You're dad and uncle were close?" Sam asked.

"Yeah I guess. I mean, they were brothers." Max nodded. "They used to hang out all the time when I was little.

"But not lately much?" I asked, shifting slightly.

"No, it's not that. It's just . . ." Max trailed. "We us to be neighbors when I was a kid, and we lived across town in this house. Uncle Roger lived next door, so he was over all the time." He explained.

"Right." I nodded. "So, how was it in that house when you were a kid?" I asked.

"It was fine. Why?" Max asked confused.

"All good memories? Do you remember anything unusual? Something involving your father and your uncle maybe?" Dean pushed.

Max seemed to get uncomfortable. "What do yo . . . why do you ask?" He asked.

"Just a question." Dean shrugged.

"No, there was nothing. We were all totally normal. Happy." Max bit his lip.

"Good, that's good." Dean nodded. "Well you must be exhausted. We should take off."

"Right." Sam nodded.

"Thank you." I smiled softly at Max.

"Yeah." Max said, almost disappointed.

Sam, Dean and I left the house, going down the driveway to head to the Impala.

"No one's family is totally normal and happy." I spoke. "See when he was talking about his old house-"

"He sounded scared." Sam spoked up.

"Yeah, Max isn't telling us everything. I say we go find his old neighborhood, find out what life was really like for the Millers." Dean nodded.

With a quick stop to change clothes we headed towards the Miller's old place, stopping an gentleman who was in his front yard.

"Have you lived in the neighborhood very long?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, almost 20 years now. It's nice and quiet. Why, you looking to buy?" The man asked.

I smiled. "No, no, actually, we were wondering if you might recall a family that used to live right across the street I believe." I nodded.

"Yeah the Millers." Dean smiled. "They had a little boy called Max."

"Right."

"Yeah, I remember." The man sighed. "The brother had the place next door. So, uh, what's this about? Is that poor kid okay?"