Devil's Trap (1)

Devil's Trap (1)

Kylie's POV

I never saw John Winchester as a father.

When I was a little girl, I made it a point that no man would ever have the title of my father, but I always knew that John cared for me just as I cared for him.

He would tell me that I was the daughter that Mary dreamed about having sometimes when he was really proud of me, and I took that to heart, but I never let myself get too attached to John the way his boys were just for moments like this.

"You're never going to see your father again." Meg taunted over the phone.

Dean instantly hung up the phone. "They've got Dad." He let out before pacing, clearly upset. "Okay, okay." He said before taking the Colt and tucking it into the back of his jeans.

"What are you doing Dean?" I asked softly.

"We got to go." Dean said as he grabbed his duffel bag.

"Why?" Sam asked confused.

"Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, all right. It knows we got the Colt. It's got Dad- it's probably coming for us next." Dean's speech was rushed as he grabbed his jacket.

"Good. We've still got three bullets left." I tried to reason with Dean, to calm him down.

"Let it come." Sam shrugged.

"Listen tough guy we're not ready, okay? We don't know how many of them are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving . . . now!"

Dean's decision was final, and probably the best one we had.

He was right, we weren't ready, we weren't even a little ready, but Sam thought otherwise.

"I'm tell you Dean. We could have taken him." Sam insisted as Dean sped down the road.

"What we need is a plan." I spoked up. "They're probably keeping John alive, we just have to figure out where." I moved forward to sit up. "They're gonna wanna trade him for that gun."

Sam shook his head, making me tilt my head confused.

"What?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Kylie, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade?" Sam's face dropped with sadness. "Dad, he might be . . ."

"Don't!" Dean interrupted with a stern voice.

"Look, I don't want to believe it any more than you. But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job."

Sam was too focused on revenge, he wasn't thinking clearly, and Dean was too set on finding his Dad to listen to anything else.

"Screw the job Sam!" Dean said, tightening his hand on the wheel.

"Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going." He was trying to reason with Dean, but it was only getting Dean angrier.

"Quit talking about him like he's dead already." Dean growled. "Listen to me, everything stops until we get him back, you understand me? Everything."

Sam paused, clearly thinking.

"So how do we find him?" Sam asked with a gentler tone.

"What if I try to get a vision?" I offered. "I'm connected to the demon somehow, right?" I nodded. "What if I get a vision of the demon and that way we can get an idea of where it is?"

Sam shook his head. "That could kill you."

"Not necessarily." I disagreed. "It might weaken me, but I can handle it."