The Benders (1)

The Benders (1)

Kylie's POV

Dean had been close to me ever since Max. I didn't blame him, I was getting distant after the whole ordeal, but not distant with him.

Just distant in my own head.

I wanted Dean to not have to worry about me for once, he already had so much on his plate with Sam and his Dad. I didn't one to be another worry in his head.

I was hoping that maybe this new case in Minnesota would fix everything, after all I was the one to pick it.

A young kid had watched a man on his street disappear under a car. It seemed to be our kind of thing.

So here we stood dressed as sheriff's talking to the boy who saw the incident and his mother.

"I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already. I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes it's true." Mrs. Mckay spoke with frustration.

"Mrs. McKay, we know you spoke with the local authorities." Sam spoke gently.

"But, uh, this seems like a matter for the state police, so . . ." Dean trailed.

"Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan. You just tell us what you saw." I said gently to the young boy.

He looked nervous, almost not sure if he should tell me the story or not.

"I was up late, watching TV. When I heard this weird noise." Evan said slowly.

"What did it sound like?" I asked.

"It sounded like . . . a monster."

I exchanged a look with Sam and Dean before turning back to look at Evan, giving him a comforting smile.

"Tell the officers what you were watching on TV." Mrs. McKay urged.

"Godzilla VS. Mothra." Evan said sheepishly.

I let out a small chuckle and shook my head.

"That's my favorite Godzilla movie. It's so much better than the original, huh?" Dean spoke excitedly, knowing how he loved his movies.

"Totally." Evan smiled.

"Yeah. He likes the remake." Dean scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"Yuck." Even made a face making me smile.

"Evan, did you see what this thing was?" I asked gently.

"No. But I saw it grab Mr. Jenkins. It pulled him underneath a car." Evan began to get excited, but not in the was Dean was about a movie.

"Then what?" I asked.

"It took him away. I heard the monster leaving. It made this really scary sound." He shook his head.

"What did it sound like, Evan?" I encouraged.

"Like this . . . whining growl."

I stood up and nodded at Evan's mother. "Thank you for your time."

----------------

Dean decided we needed to do some research and the best place was at a local bar, but first we needed a change of clothes.

I was thankful for the chance to get out and do something besides hunt, especially after Max.

I admired myself in the bathroom mirror wearing a red t-shirt that I had cut personally to show my belly, some tight jeans, and my high heeled boots.