Provenance (3)

A/N Hope you all are safe and healthy!

Provenance (3)

Kylie's POV

"You want to at least say goodbye to the poor girl?" I asked Sam as we finished up packing our stuff.

"Why?" Sam asked, not looking at me.

"Don't you think she deserves it?" I raised a brow. "Or . . . " I trailed as he looked up at me. "We could stay awhile." I wagged my brows making him scoff.

"I don't know who's worse you or Dean." He shook his head just as Dean came rushing out of the bathroom, horrified.

"We got a problem - I can't find my wallet." He announced, patting himself down.

"How is that our problem?" Sam asked confused.

"Cause I think I dropped it in the warehouse last night." He admitted making me tense up.

"You're kidding right?" Sam asked equally horrified.

"No. It's got my prints, my ID, well my fake ID anyway." Dean shook his head. "We gotta get it before someone else finds it."

"What kind of stupid idiot drops their wallet during a heist?" I shot. "I knew I should of went in there with you two!" I shot at them as we walked out to the car.

I continued my rant all the way to the auction house, where we began looking everywhere.

"How do you lose your wallet, Dean?" I asked with frustration.

Dean only threw his hands in the air, but kept looking.

I continued to do the same, hoping that Dean had just misplaced the wallet and wasn't actually stupid.

"Hey guys!"

We spun around to meet Sarah's smile.

"Sarah! Hey!" Sam tried to look normal.

"What are you doing here?" She asked confused.

"Ahh," Sam chuckled awkwardly, "We . . . we are leaving town and, you know, we came to say goodbye."

I watched as Dean strolled casually over to Sam. "What are you talking about Sam? We're sticking around for at least another day or two."

Sam and I looked at Dean like he was nuts because that's exactly how he was acting.

"Oh, Sam." Dean smiled while pulling out his wallet. "By the way. I'm gonna go ahead and give you that twenty I owe you." He glanced at Sarah and shook his head chuckling. "I always forget, you know."

Sam and I stared at Dean disbelieving what was happening.

"There you go." Dean said, holding the cash out to Sam who snatched it.

I stood back with a smile on my face, shaking my head.

"Well we'll leave you two crazy kids alone, I gotta go do something . . . somewhere." He shrugged before turning and grabbing me.

We left quickly, the whole time I laughed with joy.

"I can't believe you did that." I pointed out with a smile.

"Well," Dean shrugged. "He wasn't going to give the girl a chance."

"And you think he will now?" I raised a brow. "You know what he's going to do."

"I do." He nodded and leaned against the Impala. "But, if she can make him happy for a few days then I'll take it. He deserves it."

I leaned against the Impala next to him and nodded. "You're right. He does deserve it, you both do." I sighed.