Phantom Traveler (2)

Kylie's POV

There was nothing more than a psychiatric hospital to give me chills, it wasn't just the patients, or the creepy staff that work there, it was the history behind each and every one, who knew how many people died or experienced something terrible at one of these things and with my visions, I feared that I was going to experience more of what they had then I wanted to.

"You okay?" Dean asked as we stood at the front desk to get our visitor badges.

"Yeah, these things just give me the creeps, you know?" I shrugged while Sam laughed.

"With what we experienced, you're afraid of a psychiatric hospital." Sam tried his best to hide his grin.

"I didn't say afraid, I said creeped out. I'm not afraid of anything." I shrugged again and Dean gave me a smirk.

"You know it's okay to be afraid of something." He nudged my shoulder as the nurse came and handed each of us a visitor's badge.

"Yeah well I'm not." I answered as we started heading out to the garden where we saw Max walking with a cane. "Max Jaffey?" I said in my serious, homeland security voice.

"Yeah?" He said confused and slightly afraid and off.

"We're with Homeland Security and we would like to ask you a few questions." I gave him a small smile.

"I don't understand. I already spoke with Homeland Security." He said while walking between Sam and Dean.

"Right, well some new information has come up. So if you could just answer a couple of questions.." Dean added.

"Just before the plane went down, did you notice anything . . . unusual?" Sam asked.

"Like what?" Max shook his head.

"Strange lights, weird noises, maybe even voices?" Dean was pushing his luck in finding answers.

"No, nothing." Max answered almost like Dean should have been in the hospital and not himself.

"Mr. Joffey-"Dean started and I smacked his arm.

"Jaffey." Max corrected.

"Jaffey. You checked yourself in here, right?" Dean continued while Max nodded.

"Why?" I asked wanting his answer.

"I was a little stressed. I survived plane crash." He answered anxiously.

"And that's what terrified you? That's what you were afraid of?" Dean tilted his head.

"I . . . I don't want to talk about this anymore." Max said becoming more and more in distress.

"See, I think maybe you did see something up there. We need to know what." Dean pushed and I pushed him back slightly while I took a step towards Max.

"No, no I was . . . delusional. Seeing things."

"He was seeing things." Dean said from behind me.

"It's okay. The just tell us what you thought you saw. Please." I said gently.

Max looked torn as his eyes flickered back and forth between Dean and I. "There was this man. And, uh, he had these . . . eyes-these, uh . . . black eyes. And I saw him- or I thought I saw him." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"What?" Dean asked with shock.

"He opened the emergency exit. But that's . . . that's impossible, right? I mean, I looked it up. There's something like two tons of pressure on that door." Max said and I nodded.

"Yeah." I smiled gently.

"This man, uh, did he seem to appear and disappear rapidly? It would look something like a mirage?" Sam asked.

"What are you, nuts?" Max asked while Sam tilted his head. "He was a passenger. He was sitting right in front of me."

I nodded my head. "Thank you Max, for your time." I smiled and turned to the boys. "I think that's enough of the questions, right boys?" I hinted and they nodded before following me out of the garden.

"That poor guy." I sighed as we headed to the Impala.

"Yeah, he thinks he's nuts." Dean nodded and opened the door for me.

"We can't just let him think he's crazy, can we?" I asked as I ignored his offer and stared at him while Sam got in on his side.

"What are we going to say? Tell him demons and ghosts are real? What he saw wasn't a pigment of his imagination? That means we put him in there longer than he already will be." Dean cupped my cheek gently. "Don't do this to yourself Kylie, he'll be fine."

"I hope so." I sighed.

He placed a kiss on my forehead. "Get in and we can go back to the motel and get some rest."

I nodded my head and slid into the backseat while Dean got into the front before driving off back to the motel.

(The next day)

We pulled up to a beautiful neighborhood and a beautiful house, one that I dreamed of living in when I was younger.

"So here we are. George Phelps, seat 20C." Sam announced.

"Hmm. Man, I don't care how strong you are," Dean started as we got out of the car. "Even yoked up on PCP or something, no way you can open up and emergency door during a flight."

"Not if you're human. But maybe this guy George was something else. Some kind of creature, maybe, in human form." Sam explained.

Dean pointed to the house. "Does that look like a creature's lair to you?"

We moved to the Phelp's house and knocked where we were instantly greeted by Mrs. Phelps who let us in and greeted us warmly.

Sam picked up a picture from the table. "This is your late husband?" He asked.

"Yes, that was my George." She gave us a shaky smile.

"And you said he was a . . . dentist?" Dean asked.

"Mm-hm. He was headed to a convention in Denver. Do you know that he was petrified to fly? For him to go like that . . ."

"How long were you married?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Thirteen years." She answered.

"In all that time, did you ever notice anything . . . strange about him, anything out of the ordinary?" Sam pulled us right back into the conversation.

"Well . . . uh, he had acid reflux, if that's what you mean."

It was a quick interview after that, nothing more to explain about her husband, he was a normal guy.

"I mean it goes without saying. It just doesn't make any sense." Sam stated as we came out of the house.

"A middle-aged dentist with an ulcer is not exactly evil personified. You know what we need to do is get inside that NTSB warehouse, check out the wreckage." Dean said and I felt my eyes widened.

"That's big for us Dean." I shook my head.

"It has to be done." He sighed.

"Okay. But if we're gonna go that route, we'd better look the part."