Home (1)

Home (1)

Kylie's POV

In the shadows I stayed hidden, hiding from the monster who haunted every dream I had and was there when I woke up.

"Twinkle, Twinkle, little star how I wonder what you are . . ."

I held my breath, pressing my little knees against my chest, rocking back and forth.

Please don't find me, please don't find me.

I felt a wetness between my legs, staining my jeans.

I could smell the urine as it only made my stomach hurt worse. I feared that I would throw up all over the closet floor, making my punishment worse than it already was.

"Twinkle, Twinkle, little star how I wonder where you . . ."

Silence.

Deadly silence.

"Are!"

I sat up in bed, clenching my sweat covered sheets.

"Damn." I muttered as I tried to slow my breathing, looking down at Dean I saw him relaxed, sleeping like a baby.

I smiled softly and pulled my knees to my chest, rocking back and forth slightly biting my nails. Something I haven't done since I was a kid.

I heard a gasp beside me, I looked to my right and saw Sam sitting up in bed looking confused.

"Sammy?" I questioned quietly, not wanting to wake up Dean.

He rubbed his eyes and forced a smile. "Hey, you okay?"

I moved the covers off of my legs, and swung them to the side, Sam doing the same.

This was something we would do as kids when we couldn't sleep.

We would talk to each other, quietly, being sure not to wake Dean or John. We talked about our fears, our hopes, and our dreams. It was crazy that we were doing it here after all this time.

"Bad dream." I bit my nails. "You?" I asked around my finger.

"Weird dream." He sighed. "You want to talk about it?" He asked.

"No." I shook my head. "Do you?"

"No." He answered immediately and bit his lip. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." I nodded, running my fingers through my hair. "Go back to sleep." I got out of bed and smiled at him.

"What are you doing?" He asked confused with a yawn.

"Going for a walk." I answered, grabbing my jacket to put on over my tank top.

"It's like three in the morning." Sam shook his head, and laid down.

"I'll take my knife, no worries." I smiled, slipping on my shoes before going to the door. "Night Sammy."

I didn't hear anything besides Dean's soft snoring, making me smile sadly before slipping out the door, the chilly air hitting my face.

I let out a sigh before walking, not knowing where I was going just needing air to breathe.

I needed to forget about the monster that filled my head before fighting the real monsters in the world.

------------------

I never went back to sleep after the nightmare.

Dean was quick to note my tired look but I brushed it off, not really caring what he had to say to me today.