Hook Man (3)

Hook Man (3)

Kylie's POV

Dean, Sam, and I arrived at 9 Mile Road, late at night. Ready look for clues without anyone spotting us.

We walked to the trunk of the Impala Dean handing Sam a gun while getting one for himself.

"Hey, hey, hey. Where's mine?" I asked confused.

"I figured you can hold the flashlight." Dean grinned and handed me a black flashlight.

I gritted my teeth but took the flashlight. "You're a dick." I muttered.

"If it is a spirit," Sam spoke up, "buckshot won't do much good."

"Yeah, rock salt." Dean nodded.

"Huh. Salt being a spirit deterrent." Sam said as Dean took out a coil of rope and shutting the trunk.

"Yeah It won't kill'em. But it'll slow'em down." Dean said as we began walking, me behind annoyed with the fact that my job was to man the flashlight.

"That's pretty good. You and Dad think of this?" Sam said impressed.

"I told you. You don't have to be a college graduate to be a genius." Dean teased as they came to a slow stop.

Something was watching us.

Sam raised his gun, looking around as I shut of the flashlight, making myself unknown to whatever was out there.

"Over there, over there." Dean whispered to Sam.

I listened as Sam cocked his gun, ready to fire.

"Put the gun down now! Now! Put your hands behind your head!"

The sheriff.

I quickly snuck into the group of trees as Sam and Dean got on their knees.

"W-wait, okay, okay!" Dean said as I walked back further into the woods.

"Now get down on your bellies. Come on, do it!"

"He had the gun!"

I listened to Dean's complaint as I shook my head, heading back to the Impala.

There was nothing I could do tonight. The sheriff had the boys, he was probably going to have more cops on the place now that he knew that there was two men with guns in the same place a person had been murdered.

I got into the Impala, and got it started before driving away from the scene.

The next morning, I was leaning against the driver's side of the Impala outside of the sheriff's department with a spiked coffee in my hands, hoping it would take away the pain of my headache.

"What about the shotgun?" I heard Sam's voice as they exited the sheriff's department.

"I said that you were hunting ghosts and the spirits were repelled by rock salt. You know, typical Hell Week prank." Dean told him.

"And he believed you?" Sam said just as they got to me.

"Well, you look like a dumbass pledge." Dean smirked before looking at me. "Where the hell were you?"

I pushed the sunglasses up on my head and shrugged. "I was just manning the flashlight." I said with a smile. "No reason for me to go to jail." I sipped my coffee, letting it burn down my throat. "Besides we have another problem." I said just as several sheriffs ran out of the building and speeding away in police cars.

Sam and Dean looked at me with raised eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

"I'll explain in the car." I nodded.

I wasn't going to lie, I felt a little tipsy after my coffee, but honestly I felt like my old self by the time we arrived at Lori's sorority.

Dean parked the impala down the street, and we headed to Lori's sorority.

"Why would the Hook Man come here? This is a long way from 9 Mile Road." Sam said as we walked around the back of the sorority.

"Maybe he's not haunting the scene of his crime. Maybe it's about something else." Dean said just as we heard the voices of two women. We quickly leaned against the side of the large house, hiding ourselves. "Dude, sorority girls! Think we'll see a naked pillow fight?"

Dean said and went to look at Sam, only to see me instead.

"You're a dick." I spat out, the alcohol taking my confidence sky high.

Dean furrowed his brow. "Ky, wait." He said as I followed Sam through the window.

Dean made his way in the window after me, falling ontop of me.

"Sorry."

"Be quiet." I hissed.

"You be quiet." Dean hissed back.

"You be quiet." I kicked him as I stood up, and straightened my leather jacket.

Sam only rolled his eyes at us as he peaked outside the closet to Lori's room. He gave us the nod that things were all clear and we stepped out, immediately noticing the writing on the wall.

 He gave us the nod that things were all clear and we stepped out, immediately noticing the writing on the wall

"Are you glad you didn't turn on the light?" I read out loud.

"That's right out of the legend." Sam confirmed just as confused as me.

"Yeah, that's classic Hook Man all right. It's definitely a spirit." Dean says as he tapped my nose.

I scrunch up my eyebrows, resisting the urge to give him the middle finger.

"Yeah, I've never smelled ozone this strong before." Sam said.

Oh so that was what that smell was.

I walked around the room looking for clues when Sam called us back to the wall. "Does that look familiar to you?" He asked as he pointed out the cross symbol under the writing.

I tilted my head and nodded. "Yeah, actually I have." I said heading back to the window and hopping out, Sam and Dean following me as we got back to the Impala.

I pulled out our research until I found the picture of the same cross that was in the writing.

"It's the same symbol. Seems like the spirit of Jacob Karns." I pointed out, passing the picture along.

"All right, let's find the dude's grave, salt and burn the bones, and put him down." Dean decided.

"After execution, Jacob Karns was laid to rest in and Old North Cemetery. In an unmarked grave." Sam read.

Dean and Sam gave each other annoyed looks while I groaned loudly, reaching into the car to grab my coffee.

I took a long drink and shook my head. "Okay. So we know its Jacob Karns. But we still don't know where he'll manifest next or why." I said annoyed.

"I'll take a wild guess about why." Dean said and glanced at Sam. "I think your little friend Lori has something to do with this."