Salvation (4)

Salvation (4)

Kylie's POV

"You get away from my family!"

Mr. Holden yelled in my face as I ran out of the burning house, trying to keep my coughs held in so I wouldn't cough on the newborn.

"No Charlie don't." Monica shook her head. "They saved us." Her eyes filled up with tears as she saw me with her baby. "I mean they saved us." She sobbed.

I handed the baby over to Monica, who took her baby from my arms faster than I could blink, before going over to her husband.

"Thank you." Monica said through tears.

Sam, Dean, and I turned back to the house a sense of devastation overcoming our emotions.

We failed to get the demon. Who knew when we were going to get another chance?

I was ready to give up, to go back to the car and call it a night before the fire department showed when I saw a dark silhouette in the burning nursery.

Sam started back towards the house. "It's still in there!"

Dean and I grabbed each of Sam's arms. "Sam, Sam, no." Dean shook his head.

Sam struggled against us. "Let me go, it's still in there!"

"No, it's burning to the ground, it suicide!" I cried.

"I don't care!" He yelled at me.

"I do!" Dean and I yelled back at the same time.

We looked back up the house, watching the flames lick at the demon, just for him to disappear.

-----------------------------------

We hadn't heard from John when we got back to the motel room.

Sam sat on his bed feeling defeated while Dean paced back and forth with a phone pressed firmly to his ear.

"You okay?" I asked Sam as I sat next to him.

"We were so close . . . So damn close." Sam shook his head.

"I know." I ran my hand over my face tiredly. "We'll figure it out." I sighed.

"Come on Dad, answer your phone damn it." Dean spoke frustrated.

What was the point of John even having a phone if he was never going to pick the damn thing up?

"Somethings wrong." Dean sighed as he hung up.

Sam stared at the wall, staying silent.

"You hear me? Somethings wrong." Dean repeated.

"If you had just let me go in there, I could've ended all of this." Sam grumbled.

"Sam, the only thing you would have ended was your life." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't know that." Sam pointed out.

I felt myself getting angry, but not as angry as he was as he trudge towards the bed.

"So what? You're just willing to sacrifice yourself, is that it?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. Yeah you're damn right I am." Sam retorted as he stood up.

"Guys." I sighed.

"Well that's not going to happen, not as long as I'm around." Dean spoke becoming even more tense and angry.

"What the hell are you talking about Dean, we've been searching for this demon our whole lives! It's the only thing we've every cared about!"

"Sam, I wanna waste it. I do. Okay? But it's not worth dying over." Dean shook his head.

I sat and watched the boys argue, but it seemed that Sam was the only one becoming more and more angry. His face was red, his hands tight in fists at his side.

"What?" Sam growled.

"I mean it. If hunting this demon means getting yourself killed then I hope we never find the damn thing." Dean shrugged.

"That thing killed Jess! That thing killed Mom!" Sam pointed out angrily.

"You said yourself once, that no matter what we do, they're gone, and they're never coming back."

I watched as Sam lost control, grabbing a hold of Dean and shoving him hard against the wall.

I stood up quickly, and tried to get Sam to focus on me so he could calm down.

"Sammy, come on." I tried.

"Don't you say that, not you! Not after all this don't you say that!" Sam warned.

"Sam look.." Dean said quietly. "The four of us . . . that's all we have . . . and it's all I have. Sometimes I feel like I'm barely holding it together man and without you, or Kylie, or Dad . . ." Dean trailed and shook his head.

"Dad . . ." Sam trailed, upset.

"Yeah Sammy, your dad." I said and grabbed a hold of his arm, helping him let Dean go. "We're a team, remember?" I rubbed his arm gently. "We need to stay together."

Sam glanced at me before slowly letting go of Dean before turning away to walk across the room.

Dean stayed where he was, taking in deep breaths.

I glanced at Dean who was already looking at me sadly.

"He should have called by now." I glance away from my boyfriend to look at Sam. "Try him again."

Dean sucked up whatever pain he was feeling and raised his phone, quickly dialing.

"You really screwed up this time." Meg spoke as Dean put his phone on speaker.

"Where is he?" Dean spat angrily.

"You're never going to see your father again."

To be continued . . .