Shadow (1)

Shadow (1)

Kylie's POV

When Sam had read the newspaper article about a young girl who was murdered in her home without any signs of struggle or break-in, I felt funny about the whole thing.

My head was constantly hurting and despite how much of Missouri's drink I drank, the pain wouldn't stop, and on top of it all my hands would just shake like I was fighting an addiction and going through withdrawal.

I knew Dean and Sam were both worried about me, I could tell by the way Dean would glance in the mirror at me, or how Sam would randomly look over his shoulder to make sure I was still breathing.

When we arrived outside of the apartment complex I did my best to look normal, but I feared that I was forcing it too much.

"All right. This is the place." Sam said just as Dean got out of the car and headed for the trunk. "You getting any . . . vibes?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I haven't gotten any visions if that's what you mean, but the headache is still here." I sighed. "What about you?"

Sam bit his cheek and shook his head. "Nothing."

"Maybe that's a good thing." I sighed as I stepped out of the car, dressed as part of an alarm system company, but I did my best to spice it up a bit unzipping it a little further down than it needed to be.

It caught the eyes of Dean who gave me a look of lust as I walked to the trunk. "You know," he started as he saw Sam and I, "I gotta say we did just fine without these stupid costumes. I feel like a high school drama dork." He smirked at Sam. "What was that play that you did? What was it-" He thought, "Our Town. Yeah, you were good, it was cute." He taunted until I hit him roughly in the shoulder.

"I was in that play too ass." I rolled my eyes.

It was something Sam and I planned to do together our freshmen year. It was a way for him to feel normal and a way for me to be someone I wasn't for a little while.

"Look, you wanna pull this off or not?" Sam glanced at Dean.

"I'm just sayin', these outfits cost hard-earned money, okay?" Dean said making me chuckle.

"Whose money?" I teased.

"Ours." Dean smiled. "You think credit card fraud is easy?"

I only shook my head as Dean opened the door for us, Sam going in first.

I was about to go in when Dean grabbed me gently by the elbow. "Showing a bit of skin for an alarm company employee, aren't we sweetheart?"

I smirked up at him and gently pulled my arm away. "Enjoy the show sweetheart."

Dean and I were getting closer and a lot more comfortable with each other. I didn't feel the need to hide myself from him anymore and he didn't feel the need to hide his feelings. It felt nice, normal.

You know except for the monster hunting thing.

"Thanks for letting us look around." Sam told the landlady as she more than happily took us into the victims room.

"Well, the police said they were done with the place, so . . ." She trailed as we walked into the apartment, Dean shutting the door behind him.

I quickly noticed that the chain on the door was broken, odd.

"You guys said you were with the alarm company?" She asked.

"That's right." I nodded.

"Well, no offense, but your alarm's are about as useless as boobs on a man."