Bloody Mary (2)

Bloody Mary (2)

Kylie's POV

Funerals.

I hated them.

I hadn't been to many, but I know that I could've stopped most of them.

If I had been a little faster, a little stronger . . .

I shook my head at the looks we got from the crowd of people at Steven Shoemaker's funeral.

I rubbed my bare forearm roughly, a red harsh line appearing.

"I feel like we're underdressed." Dean commented just as he looked down at me as I showed a sign of weakness.

I quickly dropped my hand and shrugged looking over Dean, Sam, and I's less than funeral attire. "Well aren't we always." I smirked at him, but he only frowned.

Dean hadn't touched me since the little incident at the morgue, he was confusing me. Was he just focused on the case or was I just a play thing for him?

We made our way to the back of the house where a group of attendees stood in black, paying their respects to Mr. Shoemaker's daughters. With the help of a man in mourning we were pointed in the right direction.

"You must be Donna, right?" Dean asked as he stuffed his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Yeah." The grieving older daughter said, looking at us with confusion.

"Hi uh- we're really sorry." Sam gave his condolence as I stood and looked at the youngest daughter who looked so heartbroken.

"I'm Sam, this is Dean, and Kylie, we worked with your dad." Sam introduced us, catching my attention.

Donna looked at the young blonde next to her. "You did?" Donna asked with almost disbelief.

"Yeah this whole thing, I mean a stroke." Dean nodded.

"I don't think she really wants to talk about this right now." The young blonde stood up for a friend, I assumed they were close.

"It's okay, I'm okay." Donna gave a small smile.

"Were there any symptoms? Dizziness? Migraines?" Dean asked, his eyes glancing at me from time to time, probably wondering why I'm so quiet.

"No." Donna shook her head.

The youngest daughter, the one who resembled her father, spoke up and looked at us. "That's because it wasn't a stroke." She said strongly, causing me to scrunch up my brows.

"Lily, don't say that." Her sister scolded, clearly embarrassed.

"What?" Sam asked just as curious as I was.

"I'm sorry, she's just upset." Donna tried to apologize.

"No, it happened because of me." Lilly pushed.

"Sweetie, it didn't." Donna tried with a sigh.

I knelt down in front of Lily, getting eye level with her. "Lily, honey, why would you say something like that?" I asked gently with a small, sweet smile.

"Right before he died, I said." She bit her lip, looking nervously at me.

"You said what honey?" I asked trying to encourage her.

"Bloody Mary, three times in the bathroom mirror."

My heart sank with pain for the young girl, she blamed herself for something that wasn't her fault.