Route 666 (5)

Route 666 (5)

Kylie's POV

When we got to Cassie's place we found that she wasn't hurt as much as shaken up.

Apparently the truck made a threat towards her, meaning she was the next in trouble.

The question was why?

How did she fit into all of this.

Sam handed Cassie a cup of tea as Dean and I sat on the couch across from her.

Her hands shook, her cup rattling. "Maybe you could throw a couple of shots in that."

"You didn't see who was driving the truck?" Sam asked softly.

"It seemed to be no one. Everything was moving so fast. And then it was just gone. Why did it kill us?" She asked.

"Whoever was controlling the truck wants you afraid first." Dean explained.

I glanced over at Cassie's mom who was shaking as much as her daughter.

"Mrs. Robinson, Cassie said that your husband saw the truck before he died." I said, speaking softly.

"Oh. Martin was under a lot of stress. You can't be sure about what he was seeing." Mrs. Robinson tried to play off.

"Well, after tonight I think we can be reasonably sure he was seeing a truck. What happened tonight, you and Cassie are marked. Okay? Your daughter could die. So, if you know something now would be a really good time to tell us about it." Dean threatened.

I understood that Dean still had feelings for Cassie, I knew that would never go away, but he was almost too protective over her making him too threatening.

"Dean." Cassie sighed.

"Yes. Yes, he said he saw a truck." Mrs. Robinson nodded.

"Did he know who it belonged to?" Sam asked.

"He thought he did." Mrs. Robinson sighed.

"Who was that?" I asked, shifting in my seat.

"Cyrus. A man named Cyrus." She said getting upset.

I bit my lip as Dean, Sam, and I all glanced at each other.

I reached into Dean's bag and pulled out the newspaper article about Dorian's death, handing it to her.

"Is this Cyrus?" I asked gently.

"Cyrus Dorian died more than 40 years ago." Mrs. Robinson spoke.

"How do you know he died, Mrs. Robinson?" I asked softly, raising my brow. "The paper's said he went missing. How do you know he died?"

Mrs. Robinson stared wide eyed at me at the realization before her eyes softening. "We were all very young. I dated Cyrus a while, I was also seeing Martin . . . in secret of course. Inter-racial couples didn't go over too well back then." She sucked in a breath. "When I broke it off with Cyrus and when he found out about Martin." She shook her head. "I don't know, he changed, his hatred. His hatred was frightening."

"The murders." Sam spoke.

"There were rumors. People of color disappearing into some kind of a truck. Nothing was ever done." She became visibly upset. "Nothing was ever done. Martin and a . . . Martin and I, we were gonna be, uh, married in that little church near here, but last minute we decided to elope as we didn't want the attention."

"And Cyrus?" Dean asked as I ran a hand over my face, feeling a headache coming on.

"The day we set for the wedding, was the day someone set fire to the church." She broke down. "There was a children's choir practicing in there. They all died."