Skin (5)

Skin (5)

Kylie's POV

The only thing I could hear was the sound of my own heart beating in my chest, but I could see anything.

God, my head hurt more than usual, and I couldn't move my hands.

I moved my head slightly, a sheet falling down.

"You left. Hell, I did everything Dad asked me to, and he ditched me, too. No explanation, nothin', just proof. Left me with your sorry ass. But, still, this life? It's not without its perks." Dean's laugh filled my ears as I tried to make sense at where I was. "I meet the nicest people. Like little Becky. You know, Dean would bang her if he had the chance."

"Sam?" I croaked out.

Dean's face appeared in front of mine, an evil grin on his lips making me believe that it wasn't Dean.

"Hey there sweetheart." It touched my face.

"Get your freak hands off of me."

I watched as Dean cocked his hand back and punch me in the jaw.

I spit the blood out of my mouth by his feet.

"I see why he likes you," The shifter who looked like Dean said. "Tough, funny, sexy as hell, but he's worried about you."

I looked into those candy apple eyes and tilted my head.

"Get away from me." I grunted out.

"Leave her out of this!" Sam yelled trying to move his hands.

"Don't you know why Dean can't get close to you? You scare him." He touched my cheek softly. "Those little things you think he doesn't notice, he does." He shrugged. "And he has for a long time. Probably why he's been around other women. All except you." He tapped my nose. "Did you ever wonder why Dean could go from woman to woman but never you?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "You're not Dean."

"But I am." The shifter grinned.

"Where is he?" I asked again.

"I'm right here." The shifter said agitated this time.

"Where is he?" I answered again.

The shifter made a tight face before pushing away.

"I'm right here baby." He held his arms away from him. "And I'm going to do what I do best."

"See you around." He turned on his heel and walked out of the tunnel.

I pushed against the ropes trying to get something to happen.

"Sam are you okay?" I yelled trying to look around and see him.

"Yeah I'm fine. What about you?" I heard him grunt.

"I'm just . . . great." I sighed.

I can't believe I actually thought it was a good idea to go on my own? I mean who did I think I was?

"We have to find Dean." I called out

I heard rustling around from the other side of me. "Damn it." Sam cursed.

"That better be you, Sam, and not that freak of nature." Dean's voice echoed.

Sam let out a laugh. "Yeah, it's me. He went to Rebecca's looking like you."

"Well, he's not stupid. He picked the handsome one."

I could picture the smirk Dean was giving right now, even heard it in his voice.