Dead Man's Blood (5)

Kylie's POV

It was a bunch of crap.

Taking an order from John after everything we've been through, upset me more than anything.

I was already on edge from Dean's distancing, but on top of it I had to listen to John like I was 10 years old again.

We walked back to the vampire's nest, staying in the bushes, trying to figure out the best way to get in there.

Feeling bold I patted the boys shoulders. "I got this."

I stood up from the bushes, walking up to the barn door with a grin on my face as I heard both Dean and Sam call my name.

I watched as a vampire took a swig from a bottle as I walked in, his eyes widening as I unzipped my leather jacket.

"Is it always so cold and wet out there?" I chuckled as the vampire growled at me, baring his fangs. "Cute, but I don't do love bites." I shrugged.

The vampire turned on his heel ready to run, luckily Dean was already behind him.

"Boo." Dean said before swinging his machete, cutting the vamps head off, letting it bounce of the floor.

"Thanks." I smiled.

Dean's green eyes glared at me. "Are you nuts? Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

I shrugged. "Let's just get these people out."

I went to walk past him, but he grabbed my arm.

"I'm worried about Dad, Kylie. Please don't make me worry about you too."

I swallowed the lump in my throat before nodding. "Okay, come on."

We headed for the back, getting to the lock container full of people.

"I told you I'd come back." Dean smiled as I broke the lock.

We got everyone out, one by one making sure that they were in a safe area before calling 911 to let them know where to find them.

"Okay." I let out a sigh as we got back into the Impala. "Now that's all taken care of we have to get back to your dad." I nodded.

"I agree." Sam said.

Dean paused for a moment before starting up the Impala speeding down the roads until we caught sight of John's truck.

Dean parked the Impala and we quickly got out, cross bows in our hands and machetes in our belts.

We didn't expect to see that the vampires had taken a hold of John, leaving him unconscious on the ground, but when we did, Dean went livid.

Dean shot the one of the vamps in the chest as we emerged out of the trees. Sam and Dean went after a bunch of vampires while I went after the head vamp.

He was strong, able to knock me back with one backhand. I sat on the ground feeling dizzy, when he lifted me up by the hair, wrapping an arm around my neck.

Dean pulled his machete from his belt, turning to face him and I. A shock and scared look on his face when he realized I was trapped.

"Don't! I'll break her neck!" He yelled. "Put the blade down."

Dean stood there, not sure what to do. The arm around my neck getting tighter, making me cry out.

Dean dropped the machete slowly, staring at me.

"You people. Why can't you leave us alone? We have as much right live as you do." He growled, making it sound like he was the victim.

"I don't think so."