Asylum (5)

Asylum (5)

Happy Halloween!

Kylie's POV

We headed down to the basement, leaving Kat and Gavin in a safe place.

"I don't like this." I let out softly.

"Yeah, I don't either." Dean shook his head and let out a breath. "Sammy? Sam, you down here? Sam? Sam!" Dean called over and over.

I went to turn around, jumping back as Sam appeared standing right in front of me. Something was off about him, different.

"Man, answer me when I'm calling you! You alright?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Sam nodded.

Maybe physically he was okay, but he was like a walking talking robot.

"You know it wasn't me who called your cell, right?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, I know. I think something lured me down here." Sam nodded.

"I think I know who. Dr. Ellicott. That's what the spirits have been trying to tell us. You haven't seen him, have you?"

"No. How do you know it was him?"

Could Dean not see how different Sam was? How empty.

Sam glanced at me and smiled, a forced evil smile.

"Cause I found his log book. Apparently he was experimenting on his patients, awful stuff. Makes lobotomies look like a couple of aspirin." Dean went on.

"But it was the patients who rioted." Sam pointed out.

"Yeah. They were rioting against Dr. Ellicott. Dr. Feelgood was working on some sort of, like, extreme rage therapy. He thought that if he could get his patients to vent their anger then they would be cured of it. Instead it only made them worse and worse and angrier and angrier. So I'm thinking, what if his spirit is doing the same thing? To the cop? To the kids in the seventies, making them so angry they become homicidal . . ." Dean trailed "Come on, we gotta find his bones and torch 'em."

"How? The police never found his body." Sam glanced at Dean.

"The log book said he had some sort of hidden procedure room down here somewhere where he'd work on his patients. So, if I was a patient I'd drag his ass down here, do a little work on him myself." Dean glanced at me, taking in my tense appearance.

"Dean . . ." I let out gently.

"I don't know, it sounds kinda . . ." Sam trailed.

"Crazy?" Dean went on ignoring me.

"Yeah." Sam nodded.

"Yeah. Exactly."

Dean went to another door, looking inside before walking in Sam and I following.

"Dean, something's not right with Sam." I let out quietly.

Dean glanced at me just as Sam spoke.

"I told you I looked everywhere. I didn't find a hidden room." Sam said.

"Well, that's why they call it hidden."

A breeze blew past me letting out a soft whistle.

"You hear that?" I asked.

"What?" Sam asked pretending to be confused.

"I heard it." Dean looked around before crouching and holding his hand out. "There's a door here."

I turned to look at Dean just as I heard the cocking of a gun. "Kylie, Dean, step back from the door."

I blew out a breath and step back gently as Dean rose to his feet, his eyes traveling from the gun to Sam's face. A trickle of blood running from his nose.