Salvation (3)

Salvation (3)

We pulled up to Monica's house, the thoughts of John filling all of our heads right now.

I could see the tension on Dean's forehead, and poor Sammy looked as if he had a sense of guilt over them.

I promised John that I would take care of his boys, and that meant this very moment, demon or no demon.

We watched as Monica and her husband made dinner, a small smile on my face.

"We should do that sometime." I noted.

"What's that?" Dean asked, glancing back at me.

"A family dinner." I nod. "And I don't mean sitting at a some fast food restaurant. I mean a real family dinner."

"Do you even know how to cook?" Sam teased, glancing at me.

I chuckled and gave a shrug. "I use to cook for my dad." I shrugged. "I was young then, so I have to be better at it now." I chuckled.

Dean shook his head. "If you did it for your father then I don't want you to do it for me."

"Yeah me either." Sam shrugged.

"It would be different." I said softly. "It would be for my family." I smiled gently. "And damn if there's not any other man in this car who deserves it." I chuckled.

"You deserve it too." Dean said, grabbing my hand. "You have been a freaking God sent."

"Yeah Kylie, you keep me and Dean sane." Sam chuckled. "We deserve to make dinner for you."

I let out a soft laugh and shook my head. "Maybe you could just do the dishes." I winked.

"You got it baby." Dean said, kissing my knuckles.

We continue our watch on Monica and her family, watching as they began cleaning up dinner.

"Maybe we could tell them it was a gas leak. Might get them out of the house for a few hours." Sam offered after a few silent minutes.

"Yeah and how many times has that actually worked for us?" Dean shook his head.

"Yeah." Sam sighed before pausing. "We could always tell them the truth."

Dean Sam and I glanced at each other before shaking our heads.

"Nah!" We all replied with a laugh.

"I know, I know. I just . . . with what's coming for these folks . . ." Sam trailed and shook his head.

"Sam, we only got one move and you know it." I sighed. "We have to wait for that demon to show itself and then we get it before it gets them."

Sam paused for a minute before letting out a breath. "I wonder how Dad's doing."

Dean looked at his brother. "I'd feel a lot better if we were backing him up."

"I'd feel a lot better if he were backing us up." Sam replied.

I bit my lip and placed my hand on both of the boys shoulders. "We're going to get through this." I said squeezing the shoulders that were beneath my hands. "All of us."

I tried to speak with confidence but I was terrified.

We wanted this family out alive, it was our mission, our duty. If this mission didn't end the way we wanted it to, then all this hard work would've been for nothing.

"This is weird." Sam let out.

"What?" I asked.

"After all these years, we're finally here. It doesn't seem real." Sam bit his lip.