Scarecrow (2)

Scarecrow (2)

Kylie's POV

The ride to Indiana was silent and tense, and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about Sam.

I hoped he was safe, and even more I hoped her found John and all the answers we had spent time looking for.

"I want to call Sam, make sure he's okay." I said as I opened my phone.

Dean took the phone out of my hands and closed it. "Sammy is fine." He said gently. "We have a job to do."

I stared at Dean, giving him the evil eye as he looked at me.

"What?" Dean asked with a soft sigh.

"Really?" I asked. "He's out there on his own, anything could happen."

"He's fine, Kylie." Dean said sternly. "If you don't think so, feel free to go find him."

I gritted my teeth before getting out of the car and slamming the door loudly, knowing the sound would at least make him flinch.

Dean got out eventually and walked away from the car towards the small town, I followed him of course, quietly behind until we found a small Café.

I loved little cafés like this, they always had the best food.

I could smell the fresh baked pie coming from Scotty's Café, making my stomach rumble.

I pulled my thoughts away from food when I saw a man sitting in a chair on the porch. Dean and I walked up to him.

"Are you Scotty?" I asked gently.

"Yep." Scotty said simply, sipping his coffee.

"Hi," Dean butted in, "my name's John Bonham and this is-"

"Isn't that the drummer for Led Zeppelin?" Scotty asked, interrupting Dean.

I gave a sweet smile. "Wow. Good. Classic rock fan." I tried as Dean seemed to be taken back.

"What can I do for you?" Scotty asked, not amused by me.

I pulled out two pieces of paper out of the pocket of my leather jacket, showing him the Missing Person flyers I picked up on our way through town.

"I was wonder if, uh, you'd seen these people by chance?" I smiled, still trying to appear sweet and clueless.

Scotty took a close look at the flyer. "Nope. Who are they?" Scotty asked.

"Friends of ours. They went missing about a year ago. They passed through somewhere around here, and I've already asked around Scottsburg and Salem –"

"Sorry." Scotty said abruptly as he handed me back the flyers. "We don't get many strangers around here."

I gave a nod, even though I knew Scotty was hiding something.

Unfortunately, Scotty wasn't going to do any talking any time soon.

I was going to walk away, leave Scotty alone to continue to dwell in his miserable thoughts.

"Scotty," I stopped as Dean spoke, "you've got a smile that lights up a room. Anybody ever tell you that?"

Scotty didn't even crack a smile and instead he stared at Dean strangely making him chuckle awkwardly. "Never mind. See you around."

Dean and I walked away from Scotty.

"You hitting on older men to get information now?" I asked Dean who rolled his eyes.

"Shut up." Dean sighed

"I just thought that was my job." I shrugged.

Dean rolled his eyes and gave me a look, making me smile.