Something Wicked (3)

Kylie's POV

We went back to the hospital about that night, hiding from Dr. Hydecker as he left for the night before sneaking into the room of the old woman's that Dean saw.

We stayed quiet, tip-toeing as we walked in. Dean and Sam had their guns drawn as they approached the woman who sat in a wheelchair, she faced the corner, not even moving.

This didn't seem right, I was going to speak my concerns, but Dean was already in the old woman's face, like right in her face.

I couldn't hide my grin when the old woman turned her head in Dean's face.

"Who the hell are you?" She growled.

Dean jumped back, freaking out as he landed against the cabinet against the wall, pulling his gun up.

"Who's there? You trying to steal my stuff?" She asked before grumbling under to herself. "They're always stealing around here."

I reached over and flicked the light on, hiding my laughter as Sam and Dean looked spooked.

"No! Ah, ma'am, we're maintenance. We're sorry. We thought you were sleeping!" Sam ran a hand over his face.

I looked at the old woman, taking a step closer, where I was able to see that the poor woman was blind as a freaking bat.

"Ahhh, nonsense. I was sleeping with my peepers open." She laughed rowdily.

I let out a chuckle and shook my head making both Dean and Sam glare at me.

The old woman gestured to the cross on the wall. "And fix that crucifix, would ya? I've asked about four damn times already!"

Dean, still looking freaked out, hit the crucifix with his hand, letting it swing in it's natural position.

I continued to laugh all the way back to the motel, making side little marks that only caused Dean to roll his eyes and mumble under his breath.

Soon enough Sam was joining me and it only agitated Dean more.

"I was sleeping with my peepers open!" I laughed as I hopped out of the car.

"I almost smoked that old girl, I swear."

Sam and I looked at each other before howling with laughter.

"It's not funny!" Dean shook his head, annoyed.

"Oh man," Sam snickered, "you should've seen your face."

"Yeah, you two laugh it off. Now we're back to square one." Dean huffed.

We were headed back to our motel room when Dean stopped, staring at a little boy.

I had seen him around the hotel, I think he was the son of the owner.

"Hang on." He said before going to the boy, but I moved with Dean, knowing he might need me.

"Hey what's wrong?" Dean asked and glanced at me before back at the kid.

"My brother's sick." The boy spoke.

"The little guy?" Dean asked.

The boy glanced at us before nodding. "Pneumonia. He's in the hospital. It's my fault."

"Ah c'mon, how?" Dean asked.

"I should've made sure the window was latched. He wouldn't get pneumonia if the window was latched." The boy said with frustration.

My face softened as Dean looked away.

"Listen to me. I can promise you that this is not your fault. Okay?" Dean spoke softly and calmly.