Faith (3)

Faith (3)
Kylie's POV

The drive to Nebraska was rainy and cold.  It was hard to see through the Impala's windshield at times, but I managed.

Sam let me drive the baby despite Dean's complaining. I went too fast, I went too slow, I road the brakes too much. I swear that man just liked to bitch.

I pulled into the a large field that bumped along the rutted gravel road.

Once I saw that this 'specialist' was a Faith Healer in a large white circus tent, I knew Dean was going to kill Sam.

I got out of the car, Sam doing the same before helping Dean.

"I got ya." Sam said.

"I got it." Dean was agitated as he pushed Sam away. "Man, you are a lying bastard. Thought you said we were going to see a doctor."

"I believe I said a specialist. Look, Dean, this guy's supposed to be the real deal." Sam explained.

"Reverend LeGrange is a great man." A woman said as she passed by.

"Yeah, that's nice." Dean snipped at her.

"Dean." I sighed as we walked past an angry man who was arguing with a cop.

"I have a right to protest. This man is a fraud. And he's milking all these people of their hard-earned money." The man argued.

"Sir, this is a place of worship. Let's go. Move it." The sheriff shot back.

"I take it he's not part of the flock." Dean grumbled to me.

"But when people see something they can't explain, there's controversy." Sam shook his head.

"Maybe it's time to have a little faith, Dean." Sam argued.

"You know what I've got faith in? Reality. Knowing what's really going on." 

Sam and Dean both had their points, but I was on Dean's side. I was skeptical of this 'faith healing' crap.

"How can you be a skeptic? With the things we see everyday?" Sam sighed.

"Exactly. We see them, we know their real." Dean said, leaning against me slightly.

"But if you know evil's out there, how can you not believe good's out there, too?"

"Because I've seen what evil does to good people." Dean sighed as I wrap and arm around him.

"Maybe God works in mysterious ways." A young woman who overheard us say.

"I sure hope so." I smiled softly. "I'm Kylie, this is Dean and Sam."

"Layla." The young blonde smiled. "So, if you're not a believer, then why are you here?" She asked.

"Well, apparently my brother believes enough for both of us." Dean spoke up just as an older woman approached, putting her arm around Layla. 

There was a clear resemblance between the two women, probably mother and daughter.

"Come on Layla. It's about to start." The older woman said as she pulled her inside the tent.

I felt a sharp pain in my temples as they walked away, probably from forcing a vision from the day before something I've never done.

I flinched and shook my head. "Let's go in so we can get a good seat." I told them while ringing my hands out nervously.

I had no faith in this healer, but what other choice did we have in the matter?

We walked in, the tent full of people who were finding their seats, there was a small stage at the front with a lectern and candles.

"Yeah, peace, love, and trust all over." Dean muttered.