Something Wicked (2)

Kylie's POV

It didn't feel right going through someone's house when they are at the hospital waiting to see if their kid was going to make it out alive or not, but we had to.

I knew if I was a distressed mother this would be the last thing I wanted.

"You got anything over there?" Sam called as we searched the room with the EMF meters.

"Nah, nothing." Dean shook his head.

"Yeah, me either." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Hey guys?" Sam called.

"Yeah?" I answered turning to look at Sam, seeing that he found something.

"You were right. It's not pneumonia."

Dean and I went over to the windowsill, a dark handprint was rotted into the wood, making me stiffen.

Dean put a hand on my back, rubbing soothing circles.

"It's rotted." Sam looked at us, "What the hell leaves a handprint like that?"

----------------------

"All right. You know the drill, Dean."

I looked up from my coloring that I was doing with Sam and saw John all dressed and ready to go for his hunt.

Dean stood in front of him, his shoulders back, standing tall like the little soldier he was.

"Anybody calls, you don't pick up. If it's me, I'll ring once, then call back. You got that?"

"Mm-hmm. Only answer the phone unless it rings once first." Dean nodded, as he turned to meet my eyes.

"Come on, dude, look alive. This stuff is important." John sighed as Dean whipped back around to look at his father.

"I know, it's just . . ." Dean trailed. "We've gone over it like a million times and you know I'm not stupid."

It was true, every time John went for a hunt he would pound this stuff in Dean's head over and over again. At least 20 times before he left.

"I know you're not, but it only takes one mistake, you got that?" John raised a brow before continuing to gather his things.

Dean turned back to look at me again, my eyes shooting straight to the dirty carpet.

"All right, if I'm not back by Sunday night?" John asked.

Call Pastor Jim

"Call Pastor Jim." Dean repeated my thought.

"Lock the doors, the windows, close the shades. Most important-"

"Watch out for Sammy."

They both turned to look at Sam and I. Sam laid sprawled out on the floor, his mouth hung open as he stared at the TV while I sat next to him with a crayon in my hand.

"I know." Dean nodded.

"And Kylie now too Dean." John sighed. "She's our responsibility now too."

"I know." Dean repeated.

"All right." John nodded. "If something tries to bust in?"

"Shoot first, ask questions later." Dean nodded

"That's my man." John smiled, placing his hand on Dean's shoulder.

----------------------------------