Chapter 18

Ryan POV

    Getting into position was easy enough. I had a clear 360 degree view all the way around and more importantly that back door. Ray was in the front and had already set up a perch for himself.

    "Ten are already in there from what I can see," Ray said casually with the mic system we all had

    "I had a few come in through the back. This might be a meeting," I said looking threw my scope.

    Geoff's voice came forward, "No. There are always that many inside that place. It's their main not so fucking secret hide out."

    "Easy pickins. I'm surprised no one else decided to take them out. It's too easy," Micheal spoke with disbelief.

    Geoff chimed in before we could speculate,"Because they are trying to make deals with absolutely everyone."

    "Think they would flip on a deal?" Ray asked.

    I said something right after the question was posed, "Of course. Every ones condition would be to get us gone. Everything else is double crossing and lies."

    "He's right. Only way to do it," Jack said aimlessly.

    "No loyalty anymore," Gav finally spoke.

    "How many families turned?" I asked looking down my scope watching people and rival members walk around.

    Geoff sighed, "Almost all of them. Two told them to go away."

    "Who stayed with us?" Gavin asked.

    "Constantine and O'Reilly," Jack said.

    "Why them?" Ray asked moving a little.

    Geoff got out of the car, "Because O'Reilly needs the income... and the Constantines... well they could roll us in a heartbeat. I guess they like the way we operate. The business relationship we have is solid."

    "When the old man dies and the throne is given to another.. do you think the kids can handle it?" Micheal asked absently.

    Geoff laughed, "I met his daughter today. If his sons are anything like her... They will do just fine."

    The Constantines were never ones to cross. If you think the men aren't to be messed with, Constantine woman show no mercy to people who turn on them. I would do the same for mine in a heartbeat. Hell, I already have. But with other families turning on us I know I'm going to be sent to teach them a lesson. A small part of me loved that idea.

    Ray brought my idea home, "Yea, didn't someone kidnap the second oldest when he was super young on something?"

    Jack hummed, "Yea. When they found out who did it apparently the Mrs. was the one who did the kill shot."

    "Fuck me..." Micheal and Gavin whispered in unison.

    "Haven't you done a few jobs with them Ryan?" Gavin curiously asked

    I moved slightly to get a better angle at the back door and alley before replying, "Yea. Mostly with the oldest son. Fucking efficient and smart. I don't know what he's like outside of a job however."

    "Better than us?" Gavin asked a little hurt.

    I didn't answer. They honestly were. Like Geoff said they could fuck us up easily and not bat an eye while doing it.

    "Ryan?" Gavin sounded disappointed.

    I smirked and gave him a glimmer of hope, "Well, we have something they don't."

    "Really? What?"

    I laughed, "As corny as it sounds our dynamic can't be beat Gavin. No one can come close."

    Ray chuckled, "Yea... that was fucking corny Ryan."

    Gavin came to my defense, "But I agree X-Ray!"

    "Of course you would. But it might start growing on me as well," Ray said lightly.

    Micheal sounded shocked, "Damn Ray. You do have a heart."

    "Yep. Only thaw it out once a year. You guys are fucked now," Ray said while laughing.

    Smirking I look around my perch, "This is a pretty good spot Jack."

    "Thanks. Couldn't do any better if I tried."

    Looking to my left I growl, "Guys, we already have a police presents."

    Jacks voice came through, "We know. This confirms that they paid off an officer for intel."

    "Their nails are pretty deep in LS for a new crew," Micheal said.

    Jack chuckled, "They never became too much of a problem until we went for some support and their name popped up. Then that failed heist we had a month ago... that was their doing."

    "Time to go," Ray said dead-toned.

    I growled suddenly becoming angrier than before. Like something was fueling the killer in me other than me, "When does this party start?"

    "Two minutes. That cop means their leader will be there. He doesn't trust others for second hand intel," said Jack as a matter of fact.

    Micheal scoffed, "At least hes smart about one thing."

    Geoff laughed, "Yea... smart. Guess who building that is."

    I smiled, "Constantines"

    "Ding. Ding. Ding. Exactly."

    "Are you fucking serious?" Micheal giggled.

    "Stupid motherfucker... why?" Ray asked laughing.

    Geoff was still laughing when he answered, "They needed a place and decided to squat here. It soon became their home and HQ. The Constantines knew too but wanted to see how far it would go. Now they know."

    I smiled still, "Modern day Einstein."

    "They are just begging for it now," Gavin said laughing.

    Jacks voice came back stone cold, "Their about to get it. Everyone ready? Lets go."