Chapter 23

A/N: Here is another chapter! Yay! And I am keeping up with my new schedule :) Writing has been hard lately, but I am getting through it.  Hope you all have been enjoying this so far. Anyway...

Enjoy!

Still in Ryan POV:

"Why us?" Jack asked looking at the one man would could ask anyone else to do this job in the world and somehow chose us.

Before Constantine could answer I pitched in, "Because honestly we are a liability at best..."

He smiled, "You have gotten better. Why do you think I never terminated our partnership when I had tons of evidence to do so?"

Geoff shook his head, "This isn't our area of expertise..."

A woman then entered the room looking all business with a voice to match. If I wasn't mistaken she looked like and older verson of Jaxx. But her eyes were off, "No. And we know that. But you haven't turned your back on us. Plus we know this won't leak out to anyone we don't want. Not including we have worked with your crew on certain... outtings. Above that... you have him."

Her head turned towards me and I honestly looked surprised, "Me?"

She nodded, "We know who you are. And that's what we want. Ruthless and messy."

I narrowed my eyes, "You want to send a message."

"You're damn right. No one messes with MY  family and lives," she looks totally sincere. Like that statement was just like breathing.

Geoff sighed and scratched the back of his neck, "We don't have too many strings to pull on an investigation..."

Jake spoke up on that one, "We know. We are doing that for you. I just want you to get there and fuck the place up. Plus get my daughter out of there safely."

"And kill anyone there and associated with them. We are not leaving our hands clean on this one. While you get my daughter; two of my sons will be going with you while the other two will be handling matters here and offering intel."

Jack looked at Geoff. She honestly didnt know what to think of all this. So she asked again, "But still... why us? There are other ruthless crews who will happily fuck up whoever you point at. Including us."

"You are absolutly right. I do. In honest, I have many crews I could go through on this. But you have some vicious members in your arsenal and from what I have heard a serial killer."

I bit my tounge on that one. That was true. But I only killed people who fucked with things they didn't know about. I guess when you do it without batting an eye and move on to the next kill you get talked about in not so great lighting.

Jack sat back, "He actually on a murder break. He doesn't want to kill anyone right now."

"Uhh, Jack?" I didn't want to say she was full of shit. But she was, didn't i just kill like at least a dozen people back at that hideout? What the hell?

"A murder break?" Jake looked as puzzled as I felt. Considering that ended a few hours ago.

"It's something he does to keep his sanity," again with the casualness from Jack.

'What sanity?'  Was what I was going to say instantly. There has to be something Jack knows that she is not letting on.

"Well, this is something that needs his full attention. Both parties in his head need to be accounted for. Regardless of the break or not."

Geoff finally spoke up, "There is something you aren't telling us Jake. You wouldn't need my killers or crew for just rescuing your daughter."

Leaning forward in his chair while his wife held her position at the side of his chair, "I want to be honest with you Geoff. This will not be an easy thing. I can't give you my guarentee that your crew will make it out alive. But I can't trust anyone else with this intel either."

"You do realize that half of my crew consists of young lads right. They have their whole lives to look forward to and you want to help and snuff them out. It's already bad enough they have to look behind themselves for the rest of their damn lives."

Jake nodded, "I realize that. This is why I am allowing you to say they arent allowed to go with you. I can come up with enough men to make up the three of them not being there."

Nodding, Geoff got up from the chair he sat in and headed towards the door, "Well we shall see what they say."