Chapter 55

A/N: Hello again everyone. Here we are again for another update. I am pretty sure that I am somewhat on time. I had to go to the post office to send my friend at University a care package because she is a starving student. Anyway... Thank you for anyone and everyone who is voting, commenting, adding to reading lists and just adding to their libraries. I am very thankful for all of these things. I get smile every time my phone goes off.  Thank you again!

Enjoy!

Ryan POV

I closed the front door after she left. When I heard the car leave the driveway I walked back to my room. To distract myself I grabbed the gun I keep in the nightstand and went outside. I knew someone was following me, but I didn't bother with the antics of creating a scene. Going outside in the back yard I took aim and fired at the random targets and cans set up back here. Even after the gun ran out of bullets to fire I was still pulling the trigger.

"Ryan. Enough," I turned to see Geoff standing there.

"We shouldn't have let her go back. I - I - Fuck Geoff," I honestly couldn't put my emotions to words. I never could, but I suddenly wanted to try.

Geoff sighed and took a step towards me, "You've got it bad my friend."

I scoffed at him but ultimately nodded none the less. He was right, with her being gone made my head hurt.

"I tired to convince him here was best for her. But he wouldn't have it. He wants to throw some sort of party to prove he is untouchable and his family is together."

I sighed and shook my head, "She won't go for it. Jaxx will listen to us."

"She will. Jake won't. Maybe she will put her foot down. God knows she can have a thick head," Geoff laughed a little.

Putting the gun down on a table next to us, "Do I even need to ask if I can leave tonight?"

"Do, and I will smack you upside the head," he glared.

I smiled and nodded, "Got it. I'm going to go. Call if you hear anything." Grabbing the gun again I walked to my room. I sat down and ended up staring at the door for a while like she was going to bust threw it like the Kool-Aid man.

What seemed like days was actually a few hours. Shaking my head I had to clear my mind if I was going to do a good job. This has to be taken care of with as much care I can muster. Opening my closet I grabbed my face paint and headed into the bathroom.

Once I finished with my face I went back into my room and changed my sweats to my jeans. I grabbed my jacket, mask, gun, knife and envelope on the way out. Entering the armoury I threw my stuff on the table and opened the envelope. Pictures, schedual, address, beat route, everything a person would need to take someone out. But I just needed the pic and beat location.

Shrugging on my jacket, I filled the inner pockets with my knife and the gun I used outside that I reloaded. Even put a few extra clips in my pocket.

They wanted a public death, they have one.

Grabbing my mask I turn down the hall to Jack, "Hey. How easy is it to hack into the police body cams?"

"Extremly easy. Why?"

"Got an idea. I'll call you," I said quickly before leaving out the front door to my car.

As soon as I got settled into the drivers seat I put my mask on.

Making my way to the business district my plan was formulated in it's entirety. Parking my car in a busy parking garage. I walked down the empty street to the building I was shot at. I grabbed the gun from my jacket and fired into the air several times. In the distance I could hear screams but ignored them as I walked over to the shadowed part of the building and waited.

When a cop car pulled up I suddenly wasn't in control. He was. The cop jumped out of his cruiser with gun drawn. Officer Keasly was pulling a John Wayne and was here alone. Calling off his back up.

Exactly what I thought he would do.

He checked the front of the building and when he turned his back on me, I jumped him. My arm went around his neck while my other hand gripped his gun hand like a vice.

Turning him slightly he instantly looked and recognized me and yelled, "No way! You're dead!"

I instantly reacted and let him go before hitting him so hard his brain shifted. Straightening myself I ran to my car and came back with climbing rope. Eying a ledge that had a statue on it coming out of the building I easily threw the rope over. I grabbed the cop and dragged him over to the rope end. Emptied everything out of his pockets into a pile on the ground. I created a slipknot around his ankles and began to hoist him up. Tieing it off at the enterance stair railing, I stepped back and looked at him.

John Wayne has no idea what he walked into.

I took my phone out and called Jack, "Yeah?"

"Hack into them. Now. If you can, broadcast it."

"Alright. Alright. Hang on," Jack groaned into my ear.

"Today genius. Before he wakes up," I teased but I could actually hear Officer Keasly wake up.

"I got - Holy fuck. How the -?" she couldn't complete a thought.

"Had some old rope. Finally found a good use for it."

"Geoff! Get in here! Alright, we are going to make this go live in a minute."

Suddenly I could hear Geoff. Jesus. How did he do that?

"Ask me later," I replied while the cop was trying to get his barrings.

Jack caught my attention again, "10 seconds. We are hanging up."

I put my phone back in my pocket before I heard him yelling about how I'm supposed to be dead. Turning towards him, his body cam recording light came on. While he was still yelling I made a show out of the entire thing. I tilted my head at the camera and even did a small wave.

Suddenly I could hear sirens coming right for me.

"They are coming for you. You won't last the night," Officer Keasly spat at me.

I shook my head and looked down, all play for the camera. I stood perfectly still for a moment before branishing my gun again and opening fire. I spent the first clip before reloading and going again.

When that clip finally ran out I lowered my arm and admired my handy work. Holes and blood everywhere. After the first four bullets I was just shooting a dead body. I could tell the sirens were coming closer, faster upon hearing the shots.

I sighed and simply began to walk backwards out of shot of the body cam. As soon as I was in the clear, I bolted back in the direction of my car.

Calling Geoff, I took off my mask. Before he said a word I asked, "Public enough?"

"Jesus Ryan," was all I got back.

"I know," I said before hanging up.