Elephants dancing in my brain

WHO LIKED THE FIRST CHAPTER?

This chapter is dedicated to @abhinn_juneja follow him! You won't regret it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wafhchgffcvhj?!" I closed my eyes even more tightly. He jerked his gun on my head, making me aware that he was indeed asking me something. Something that camouflaged with Maroon 5.

He shook me again with my arm, knocking me out of my panicked trance. I am 99% sure that I whimpered and it got blocked by my earphones. I opened my eyes frantically.

He froze. I felt him stiffen next to me. He looked at me in shock.

I took advantage of his state and long pressed the volume key of my phone. Aiden did this setting so that I can send SOS message with my location to them.

The stranger was still frozen as if I pulled a Medusa on him. I took a moment to look at him. Only his gray eyes that glistened in the dim light were visible as rest of his face was covered with a bandana.

Thief? Kidnapper? Gang member? Murderer?

If he is one of them, why is he fucking frozen? Not that I want him to do anything.

A discreet sound of footsteps was heard that broke the spell. In an instant, he yanked me behind him and pulled his gun in sound's direction.

My brothers.

I jumped with joy and ran to them. They both hugged me tightly and kissed my hair.

"You scared us Astrid-bear." Asher looked like he was about to cry and that made me feel guilty.

"A-Astrid?"

Aiden pulled away and shot daggers at the stranger. His fists clenched and jaw ticked as he grabbed the gray-eyed boy by his collar and slammed him into the wall. The gun made a clanking sound against the pavement.

Asher stiffened and hid me in his arms.

"How dare you even touch my sister?!" he yelled, and I flinched, burying my face in Asher's chest when the stranger looked between my brothers and me while Aiden raised his fist to punch him.

"You son of a-"

"Aiden!" all eyes snapped to me. "D-don't." I choked. I don't even know why I stopped him, but something flickered in stranger's eyes that snapped me to do so. Hell, that emotion held me back from showing off my black belt skills in the first place.

"What?!" Aiden and Asher yelled. I flinched, and Asher immediately tightened his arms around me.

"D-don't. It's not worth it. He isn't worth it. Let's go. P-please?"

Aiden looked into my eyes and nodded gingerly. With one last death glare in my attacker's direction, he banged him against the wall and turned on his heels.

The boy was still frozen, and I couldn't help but look at him for one last time as my brothers sandwiched me between them and kissed my head.

I could feel a lingering argument in the air, but I was glad that my brothers were letting everything settle down before lecturing me.

The drive home was silent; a thick tension was surrounding us. Aiden's jaw was clenched, and his knuckles were white because of his hold on wheel. On the other hand, Asher was still holding me in his arms, and I had a feeling that it was not for me. Aiden parked the car in our driveway, but none of us moved.

"We will talk about this tomorrow, Astrid."

Damn. He was pissed.

With this, he stomped out of the car and barged into the house. I was frozen in Asher's arms as he rubbed my back to comfort me.