Mystery boy!

I DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO MY AMAZING BROTHER abhineetpoudial24 HE IS THE BEST BROTHER IN THIS WORLD AND I HONESTLY GOT INSPIRED FOR THIS BOOK BECAUSE OF HIM! LOVE YOU BRO!

"We're home!"

"In the kitchen."

"I didn't expect you to be home." I gave a confused look to dad.

"Then why did you three shout 'We're home'?" I chuckled at his imitation of our voice.

"We do it daily, dad." Aiden deadpanned as dad's mouth turned into a 'o'.

"Jokes apart, why are you home early?" Asher asked as he gulped OJ from carton. I would have been disgusted if I didn't do the same.

"I got a call from school." Asher choked on OJ.

"Y-yeah?"

"Astrid, Asher, that was very-" he sighed and Asher stole a glance at me from corner of his eyes "-evil of you!"

I breathed out and grinned. My dad is cool as cucumber.

"But-" oh, I take my statement back "-what principle said was right too. And you both should be grateful that even after so much trouble, you both didn't land suspension or expulsion. Your punishments are justifiable and I expect you both to take that seriously. Are we clear?"

We nodded in sync which was hard considering Aiden was making funny faces behind dad's back to mock us.

"And Aiden you can stop making ugly faces now."

I laughed but then Aiden's glare turned it into a cough.

"Now go freshen up. We are having new neighbours over for dinner and then we will have a movie night, it's the last day of your freedom after all."

"What do you mean by last day of freedom?" Asher looked horrified

"New neighbours?" Aiden and I asked.

"Yeah, the Martin's finally sold their empty bungalow to a family of 4. We're having them over."

I nodded. Dad turned to Asher. "Remember, sport practices and your punishment start from tomorrow? And as you both will be living your jail time, Aiden will be helping me in office as my intern."

Both Asher and I looked at Aiden so fast that I almost got scared for my neck. He rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Whoa! That's great bro!"

"I am so proud of you!"

"Yeah. Yeah, don't get mushy on me. Go and change." He mumbled and speed walked to his room.

Aiden is not good with expressing any feelings apart from anger.

I got into my room and fell on my bed.

Today was eventful.

After 5 minutes of peaceful staring at ceiling, I heard a knock at the window.

And I thought that's all for today.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head. A single yellow post it note was stuck on pane. I gingerly took it off.

"Sorry." I read aloud.

I got even more confused and raised my head to look out.

"What the-" I jumped and put a hand on my heart to steady it as my eyes met a pair of brown ones.

Mystery boy.

Is it me or there are one too many mystery boys in my life? Damn I need a few girl-friends!