The jerk called Connor Brown

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO MY AMAZING AMAZING FRIEND xmysteriousladyx SHE IS THE ONE WHO ENCOURAGED ME TO JOIN WATTPAD. I WILL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO THIS GIRL!!! i LOVE YOU BABY?

~~~~~~

"What?" Dad asked in complete horror "You punched him?"

I nodded hesitantly and stole a glance at Felix's clenched jaw. He was angry.

"Have a seat Mr Parker. I have a feeling that the dinner will be more interesting than I assumed."

I averted my eyes and gingerly took a seat between Felix and dad.

The waiter came and asked for our orders in fake French accent. I skimmed over the menu and ended up ordering my previous orders. He nodded and went away.

Dad cleared his throat to dissolve the sudden tension in air.

"So, Felix aren't you the-" my eyes widened when I realised the course of conversation. He was about to discuss his fencing match. I gently nudged dad to stop.

"-Yes dad, he is my team mate." I completed his sentence hurriedly.

"Yeah. You were great in the last season's tournament." I winced inwardly and almost face-palmed when dad made up this lie to make it slightly less awkward.

I glanced at Felix, expecting him to be fuming in fury but he was looking amused instead.

"Yes. He was the star of the game. His soccer skills are amazing, only if he realized that."

I look at Mrs Brown incredulously. How can she not know that her son didn't even play in that game? He was in hospital due to food poisoning. Aiden had to play as goal keeper in that match.

I once again stole a look at Felix and this time, his eyes were on the table. He was hurt.

God. It's not even 15 minutes and I already know that his parents are assholes.

Mr Brown cleared his throat.

"So, Mr Parker, about the Athelon photo shoot for your magazine. I want Astrid and Felix to do it."

I choked on my water. "What?!" dad, Felix and I yelled at same time.

"You heard me Ms Parker. You seem perfect for the job, to me."

"But-"

"You're beautiful and strong. I like that about you and I believe that your personality will do justice to this photo shoot."

"Cut the bullshit dad. What are you planning?!" Felix yelled and few people along with Mrs Brown glared at him. Suddenly I was reminded of the 7 year old kid from earlier.

"She punched you. I had to pay to make sure that the video stays under cover. I had to cover your asses to save both Brown and Parker family reputation because Mr Parker here, clearly don't care about his daughter's-"

"Don't you dare talk about my father like that again!" I spoke through clenched teeth and I could sense my dad getting angry beside me.

"Anyway, I need my payback and I want you both to do it."

Yup. Definitely a big asshole.

I had nothing against the idea of photo shoot but the reason behind it was absolute shit. Additionally, I was not comfortable to be clicked in sportswear for an international magazine when I am not a professional and that too with none other than Felix, my arch nemesis. Dad made sure to keep his kids away from fame and I am not ruining his effort for a so called payback to the dickhead who insulted my dad.