'How to be a FBI agent'- a 101 by Liam Williams

DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE I COULDN'T WAIT TO PLEASE MY SCARY QUEEN DhwaniDixit2

NOW, AM I FORGIVEN OR AM I DEFINITELY FORGIVEN, QUEEN?

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO EVERY LISTRID FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

"Enough!" I looked up at Liam in shock.

"What happened? Are you-?"

"Shut up, Astrid!" he threw his arms in the air incredulously. I immediately pursed my lips as he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What's wrong, Astrid?" he pleaded. "It's been one whole freaking month. Christmas came and went. Your attackers were caught and are probably dying in jail. Xavier is alright, kind of. Then what is wrong?!" he looked at me with tired eyes and took my hand. "You are the first person who made it so far with me. I know that I am not very vulnerable to you but you were to me, since first day. You always wear your heart on sleeves and I love this about you. It's enough now! I effing don't know when or how, but I started caring for you and it hurts to see you so closed off. Talk to me. Please?"

I gulped.

I never saw this much concern in Liam's eyes. It made my heart swell and break at the same time.

Averting my gaze from his pleading fathomless black eyes, I looked down at our hands and sighed.

"I-I am tired."

"Of?"

I smiled at that and shook my head.

"Of overthinking." His eyebrows furrowed. "I mean if I wouldn't have called cops that day, Xavier would have been here. He didn't want another foster care and I ruined it for him. I-I ruin everything."

That's right. Xavier woke up after 2 days in hospital. He had severe blood loss and thankfully, Felix's blood group matched him. He volunteered for donation.

Who knew that Eastwood's heartbreaker was a major softie?

My statement got Xavier's foster dad under arrest and his scars were the major evidence. His body was covered in burn marks from cigarettes and scars of deep cuts. I felt so horrible for judging him. Never in my wildest dreams, had I thought that there will be respect for Xavier Watson in my eyes.

His dad was on run from the law, his mom was on the run too but now she is serving lifetime in prison for theft and murder of his foster mom- the only person who ever loved him and now, his foster dad is behind the bars.

How is he supposed to trust people?

I was personally very nervous to face him when he gained conscious and like I feared, he hates me. He was furious. He said that he was bearing the torture for 4 years because he didn't wanted other foster home. He was waiting to turn 18 and I ruined it for him as there is still 6 month for his 18th birthday. So now, he is transferred to another foster family.

And this guilt is eating me alive.

"I know that this is not all, Astrid." Liam broke my chain of thoughts. "And as for him, he will come around. One day or another, he will realize that you saved him."

I bit my lip and nodded. Liam kept studying me with scrutinising eyes and I decided to just open up to him.

"I-I don't think that it was a theft attempt."

His eyes widened.

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it, why would they fight with me like professional fighters and then try to kill me for money when they could clearly see that I didn't had a handbag on me? I mean what kind of thief says 'game over, baby' while his cronies look at you with victory instead of robbing you?"