Hey! I am a nerd, alright?

Cody Christian is such a cutie!

*Fans like a fangirl*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, would you like to tell me what happened between you and Liam?"

I stopped and sighed, keeping the little spoon in cookie dough ice cream tub. I turned to face Neal who was avoiding an eye contact by busying himself with his vanilla ice cream.

"Actually, no. I am kind of trying to forget that anything ever happened."

He looked panicked for a second before he recovered and plastered a mischievous expression.

"Something romantic happened?" I scoffed.

"Liam hates me. Having something romantic with him is as probable as gold undergoing oxidation."

"But gold never oxidises?" he asked in confusion.

"Exactly my point."

He laughed and shook his head as I resumed melting my worries in my ice cream.

"Sometimes, I feel like you are the nerd and I am the jock."

"Hey! I am nerd, alright?" I whined and pouted as he looked at me teasingly.

"Whatever you say, Astrid." I noticed the accent again.

"Is this your birthplace?" his face contorted into confusion at sudden topic change.

"Why?" he cleared his throat.

"There is a slight accent in your speech."

"Oh, that! I spent a few years in Malaysia and picked up a slight accent."

I nodded, satisfied by the answer. Silence settled between us. I finished my ice cream and threw it in the dustbin near the park bench, Neal followed.

"Ryder and Lizette asked me for a get together on Monday. Would you mind joining me? I don't feel like third wheeling." He asked after some time.

I bit my lip guiltily and shook my head.

"I have plans with Alex." His eyes flashed at Alex's name and I couldn't figure out the reason.

"Oh."

"What's up with you and Alex?" he panicked at my query.

"Nothing. Why?"

"Don't lie to me. I have seen you murder each other with glares."

He sighed in defeat. "Personal history. I don't want to talk about it, Astrid."

He added the last part when he saw me open my mouth. I nodded glumly.

My eyes fell on the swing set in front of us and I smiled at the memory of Asher and Aiden pushing me to swing higher as I laughed, carefree.

"You wanna swing?" I looked back at Neal and mirrored his smile as I nodded.

He stood up and stretched his hand for me. I hesitantly took his hand as he tugged me up. My cheeks flared and tummy got swarmed by butterflies at the innocent skin to skin contact. It didn't help when he didn't let go and intertwined our fingers.

I let go of his hand to sit on swing and he went behind me. I giggled childishly when my feet left the ground and swing gained momentum.

For once in a long while, I feel like a child again.

~~~

I paused the reruns of teen wolf and craned my head back as I heard jingling of keys.

Aiden entered.