Troublemakers

I snapped out of my daze and pushed the frozen boy off me. I broke the record of jumping back on feet from a fall as I stood up. Closing my eyes tightly in embarrassment, I hoped that this will all turn out to be some twisted dream.

"I-I am so sorry! I should have seen where I was going. I mean- ugh! I was just dazed in anger and I didn't see you and then you started skidding. Oh my god! I shouldn't have tugged you! I am so stupid! What if you've a girlfriend! Shit! What did I-"

"Shut up!"

And I did.

I opened one eye and immediately regretted it. If human eyes were laser beams, I would have been a pile of ash by now.

He was gorgeous, I will give him that. Chiselled jaw, high cheekbones, mysterious black eyes and soft brown hair. But something about him told me that his personality was not so gorgeous after all.

You know what! There is too much concentration of Testosterone in my life these days! I need a break! Ugh!

"You've already got what you want! Now get the hell away from me and if you can afford, get some self-respect!" I flinched but then my supressed anger rose and threw the guilt out of the window.

"Don't you fucking dare talk to me like that ever again! And just because I said sorry first, doesn't mean that you'll pin all blame on me! You are the one who is roller skating in a park for one! I felt bad because what if you were committed or gay or whatever but you know what! Now I am disgusted that I accidently lost my first kiss to a jerk like you!"

His face was painted with colours of pure shock by the end of my rant and he opened his mouth to say something but I just stomped and turned away. I was utterly pissed by the time I made it home.

It was all too much for one day and now all I wanted was to scream in frustration.

"Astrid-bear?" I took a deep breath and turned to face my brother.

"Yeah?" I pasted the brightest smile I could muster.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"Give me a break Astrid and just tell me what happened."

"I said nothing?!" I yelled but regretted it and sighed. "Sorry, it's just that I had a long day and I am frustrated now."

I didn't tell him what exactly happened because for one, I didn't want them to kill the mystery boy and for two, I didn't want to sabotage their blooming friendship with Alex and Rose because of a small spat between us.

Asher's face was an evidence of my poor lying skills but he didn't push me. Instead, a huge grin lit his face up.

Oh no.

"Astrid-bear?"

"Yes, Ash?" I felt myself mirroring his grin.

"Let's have some fun, eh?"

"Hell yeah!"

~~~

"Duck!" I whisper yelled on Asher and practically shoved his head in ground. He let out a choked whimper. Guard passed us and I finally breathed out. Quickly surveying the area for any more potential threat, I rose up from my squatted position behind the Trophy rack.

I took a moment to admire the trophies with mine and Asher's names as captain.

Sniff.

"What the-" I almost yelled as I turned to face Asher, whom I totally forgot.

"I am so proud of my sister!" he threw his arms around me and fake sobbed.

Drama queen.

"Asher freaking James Parker, get the hell off me!" I hissed as he shook with laughter. He gingerly unwrapped himself and I gave him a deadly glare that turned his laugh into cough.