Not so fast

DUN DUN DUN!!

UPDATE IS HERE!

THIS CHAPTER IS KIND OF BADASS-Y AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH. IT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE LAST CHAPTER IN ANY OTHER POV APART FROM ASTRID'S.

SO, ENJOY :)

~~~~~~~~'

Alex's POV

"See, Hunter knew that you won't give up. He is obviously ready for our attack and as he wants you to be there, he even dared to leave this outside the castle. This effing thing, caused a huge bomb scare and security found out that it is nothing but a stupid scroll." Zach passed an annoyed hand through his hair.

I furrowed my eyebrows and took the scroll out of his hand.

Remember the most precious moment of your childhood and you will find half of your soul there.

I crunched it in my fists and Aiden took it out.

"Where is this place?"

"Lake Blossom."

"What happened there?" I made eye contact with Felix and a small smile graced my lips.

"It was the place where my grandma, Queen Genevieve named me and Cygnet. We were named 9 months after our birth and were called swan and tiger until then. When I was named Cedric, Cygnet spoke for the first time. She looked at me with adoration and giggled as she threw her arms around my neck and called me 'rick'. I never let anyone call me Rick after I grew up a little more, only she called me that. I can never forget this even when I was a toddler at that time. That day, grandma threw a huge ball to celebrate her first word."

I looked down with a smile and Margo squeezed my shoulder. My eyes fell on a Aiden. He was hurt.

To us, her first word was Aiden.

I gulped and gingerly patted his shoulder.

"You know" I looked at my cousins. "We maybe her blood but these two will always own the best part of her heart. They never failed in their duties as brothers. Never."

Asher and Aiden looked at me with gratefulness and I gave them a small smile.

I admit that I was hurt and jealous of them in the beginning. I didn't know about Cygnet's memory loss and I thought that she moved on with her life. I thought that she forgot me when I was dying every second to get my other half back and that feeling killed me even more. But slowly, I realised that she doesn't even remember any part of our time together.

I realised that blood didn't build relations, emotions did because I saw genuine love in their eyes for my sister.

What else could I wish for?

I thought that it was for the best. She was oblivious to this complicated life and maybe that included me too but at least she was happy in her obliviousness. Ignorance is a bliss after all.

"We will find her, Alex." I nodded at Xavier.

"We will." I assured and clapped my hands in determination.

"Lake Blossom is completely deserted these days and I have a feeling that he has kept her in the huge warehouse that once belonged to Law."

I nodded at Crys's explanation and smiled when I saw her hand interlaced in Asher's.

They talked before lunch. It was horrible at first but they made up. She even introduced him to Grandfather Fredrick. The memory of Asher squirming under grandfather's laser like gaze will always be the funniest part of my life.

"Great." I clapped my hands. "We are a team of 15 people if I count the trustworthy agents that are coming with us and we will attack today after midnight, okay?"

Everyone nodded.

"Are there any cameras around there?" Liam mused.

I thought for a second.

"I actually think that Hunters never changed the hidden cameras. They did destroy the ones around warehouse but I think they never found the ones in tree barks." Margo offered and Liam nodded.

"If that is the case, then I and Liam will somehow get the footage and keep you updated as much as we can."

"Alright, Xavier."

"You both can use the security room. We no longer monitor the lake but I can tell the in-charge to open its footage."

They gave a thumbs up to Tris and followed her out.

"Aiden and Liz, you will not join us." They started to protest but I cut them off. "Aiden, you will wait outside in van along with 2 agents for back up and Liz, you will stay with Liam and Xavier in their surveillance van to guard them. Got it?"

They begrudgingly muttered a 'fine'.

"Zach, it's your duty to give all of them the weapons they use." I jerked my head towards the squad.

"Get some rest. We have our girl to save in 5 hours. You all will get your own earpieces to stay connected along with the fight equipment."

Everyone muttered a 'fine' or 'okay' and left for the rooms allotted to them.

I really hope that I get her back safely.

~~~~~

"Ready?" I whispered and everyone gave me a nod of affirmation.

"Take your positions." I signalled and they started crouching to get out of car. We've parked our vehicles a mile away from the warehouse. Plan was that when we get Cygnet, Aiden will keep the car ready.

"Liam, Xavier are we clear?"

Static disturbed the line but it cleared after some time as they guided us from one of the van.

"Yes. There are a few guards scattered in the woods like I told you."

I hummed in affirmation and gave a finger signal to my team meaning 'let's go ahead.'

Everyone has their guns and arms ready to attack as they crouched and ran towards warehouse.

"Alex? Alex are you listening to me?" Liam's sudden panicked whisper filled the channel.

"What is it?"

"I think we have been double crossed."

"What are you saying?" I heard Aiden question in annoyance while Xavier was cursing like a madman in background.

"Why? What happened?" everyone was questioning and I panicked.

"T-This tape seems to be on repeat."

"What?!"

"Get out of there, Alex." Liam shouted. "It can be danger-"

He never got to complete the sentence as his words dissolved into a scream of pain before the line disconnected.

"Liam!" I shouted while everyone cursed in background.

"We need to get out of here." Margo shouted next to me.

"Not so fast."

My blood ran cold as I looked up and my eyes locked with him.

"Elliot."

And then, hell broke loose.

~~~~~~~~~~

NOW, WHO DO YOU THINK BETRAYED?

LIZ?

XAVIER?

LIAM? NAH ;)

COMMENT THE POTENTIAL TRAITOR ACCORDING TO YOU.

DO YOU STILL LIKE ELLIOT?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?

ARE YOU EXCITED FOR NEXT CHAPTER?

ALL THE CHAPTERS FOLLOWING THIS ARE IN ASTRID'S POV :)

VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR OPINION :)