Still the same

Alright people, you are getting very lucky today because I am doing an early update (wait, I update daily.)

whatever.

so the reason for early update is that I wanted to discuss a few things with all of you.

Please pay attention.

I am thinking of changing the title to 'THE HORRORS OF BEING ASTRID PARKER'. Now, how many of you agree? The problem with old title is that it gives cliched vibes and I don't know why but I blush furiously every time I have to tell someone what I am writing.

I AM ABSOLUTELY DONE DOING THAT.

Secondly, I came across a lot of impatient fans. The moment they start getting these secretive vibes of plot, they skip the chapters in between and ruin their fun on their own. I should not care but honestly, it pinches that I worked so hard and they are ruining the essence of it.

Thirdly, I WANT TO GIVE A HUGE SHOUTOUT TO MY AMAZINGLY TALENTED SHINCHAN AKA Adhishi I LOVE YOU SHO MUCH BABY AND ESPECIALLY TODAY MY RIVER OF LOVE FOR YOU IS UNDER FLOOD ALERT.

GO READ HER WORK BECAUSE TRUST ME, SHE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S ALL I GUESS :)

ENJOY THE UPDATE AND I LOVE YOU ALL. THANKS FOR ALMOST 36K READS. IT MEANS A LOT :)

~~~~~~~~

Groaning loudly, I opened my eyes and was greeted with partial darkness. It took me a moment to realise that I was inside a prison. Like literally a prison, with handcuffs and all.

Reality of situation hit me like a bullet train as I recalled the fight between me and Neal, then the entry of Elliot Cross and then my unconsciousness.

My fingers gingerly touched my forehead and I immediately winced at the jolting pain. The area around the wound was swollen and probably blue. I could feel dried blood on side of my face.

I cringed and retracted my touch.

"Got enough beauty sleep, eh princess?"

All I wanted at this point was to bang my head on a wall and die.

What is even happening in my life?!

"Yeah. Murdering you in dreams helped insanely." I sassed back and to my utter irritation, he laughed.

"No wonder you are my sister."

My eyes snapped in his direction and I looked at him incredulously.

How many brothers do I have in exact?!

He laughed again and I realised that I thought out loud.

"Don't you remember your favourite cousin, Cygnet?"

I studied him for a moment. He had steely blue eyes and platinum blonde hair. He looked around 23-24 in age with the way he was dressed. There was something in his eyes that told me that he wasn't my favourite cousin after all.

"You are a Cross." I pointed out flatly.

"I am." He straightened in his seat on the other side of bars. "But do you know why I am?"

I shook my head gingerly.

"Because when my own father gave me up. These people gave me family. These people gave me a name. I am not a Law. I am a Cross."

"We aren't so different after all." I muttered in hurt and his eyebrows scrunched in confusion as he leaned on his knees and laced his fingers.

"What do you mean?"