"You are so dead, Astrid. So dead."

UPDATE IS HERE!

SO, TURNS OUT THAT THE ISSUE WAS A HOAX (I'LL CONSIDER IT AS HOAX UNTIL IT COMES TRUE WHICH I HOPE NEVER HAPPENS)

AS PROMISED, THERE WILL BE A LOT OF LIAM IN THIS CHAPTER.

WHOSE HAPPY?

BTW, CHICO IN THIS GIF (AND IN GENERAL) IS SO HEART EYES. DAMN! ME AND MY SISTER FANGIRL SO MUCH OVER HIM. IF YOU EVER CHECK MY INSTAGRAM PMS WITH HER, ALL YOU'LL FIND WILL BE HIS IMAGES.

DAMN! THAT SOUNDED SO CREEPY.

MY BAD. *RUBS NECK SHEEPISHLY*

~~~~~~~~~~

"H-How d-do you-?"

"No. It's not just me. Hell, I don't even know you now but still I can see how hard you are trying to be okay for everyone else. Everyone is playing along because they are waiting for you to gather yourself but I know that you are not gathering yourself together, you are building a wall around to hide."

My jaw dropped as he hit the nail. I refused to let him win.

"You don't k-know anything." I got up and looked away. He grabbed my elbow and made me look at him.

"Trust me, cygnet. I know. I know how it feels to be scared of trusting people. I know that you were the kind of person to hand your heart easily but now, you are scared of taking the leap of faith from the top of cliff because you are afraid that the person at the bottom will drop you. Don't let your fear consume your real emotions, swan. I have done that and it took me eternity to revive."

My jaw clenched at the truth of his words but I refused to let him win. My eyes burned because of the fire in his words but I refused to shed a tear.

He smirked but it didn't reach his eyes.

"See. Tell me, Cygnet. Before today, were you the kind of girl to hide emotions? Were you the kind of person to blink back tears?" I gulped. "No. you were not. Don't let a handful of non-deserving assholes claim your life. Don't let them win by ruining yourself. If you keep hiding like this because of your fear of hurt, you will save yourself from others but how will you save yourself from you? Don't push the deserving people away because of the few who didn't value your trust. People will come and go. They will make you happy and hurt you too but you have to choose the ones who are worth the hurt. You have to choose the ones who are ready to be hurt by you. Don't try to find a backstabber in every person you come across, because if you do, you will destroy everyone and yourself too."

My mouth went dry as I kept looking at him with wide eyes. He stared back with concern. Silence shadowed the room as I tried to absorb his words. After what felt like eternity, my mouth opened and a single word tumbled out.

"Thanks."

A breath taking smile took over his lips and I found myself returning it. He shrugged as if it's no big deal.

"My duckling doesn't know how to swim yet and she was losing the grip on her support. How am I supposed to let her drown?"

I shook my head at his poor enunciation skills but chuckled nevertheless as I looked up at him with watery eyes.

"I won't let my monsters win." I whispered and he wiped my tears with his thumb.

"Oh, but you will lose to your idiot." I rolled my eyes and pushed him as he chuckled.

"Now get out. I have to see Liam."

He frowned.

"Why?"