"Slapping you helped a lot."

TYPICAL PARKER TWINS XD

HEY! UPDATE IS HERE!

I AM KINDA DEPRESSED THAT THIS BOOK IS NEARING IT'S END.

SO, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY.

BTW, MLAATM JUST REACHED #8.

TYSM <3 *SQUEEZES THE LIFE OUT OF YOU WITH A HUG*

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~

As soon as eyes fell on Aiden, I froze and Alex took a protective step in front of me.

"We thought that too." I peeked at his voice and he was looking around.

"I think that the Castle is clear now. The head of Cross is arrested and unlike last time, we have proof of kidnapping the princess and prince of Kovorelle along with murder of Hunter Clan's prince against them." I relaxed but soon stiffened at the last part.

I was so busy in listening to the men that I didn't even notice Aiden walking towards me.

"A-Astrid?" I stiffened again and bit my lip as Alex stepped away giving me an encouraging smile.

I gingerly looked up and saw guilt filled eyes of my brother.

"I-I am sorry." he sighed and before I could open my mouth, he hugged me. I froze but stayed put. I felt a tear slide down my neck and I stiffened even more.

"Aiden..."

"Don't." he whispered sternly. "Don't say that it wasn't my fault because it was, Astrid. I swear I didn't mean a word I said. I-I was a-angry and you know how I-I act when I am angry."

I sighed and gingerly lifted my arms up.

"I know."

"I didn't mean it, squirt. I love y-you so much and I hope you know that. B-Blood or not, y-you will always be my baby sister. Please forgive your b-brother?" he tightened his arms and I let out a strangled sob. "That is if you s-still take me as-"

I immediately pulled away and slapped him.

Yup, I slapped my big brother across the face.

Everyone gasped and froze. He was cupping his cheek and looking at me with stunned eyes. I pointed a finger at him.

"Say that again and I will kill you." He blinked. "You are my brother no matter our DNA. You are my brother no matter our differences. You are my brother no matter what I said and you are my brother no matter what you said." A small smile graced his lips. "You, Asher and dad have raised me and no matter what my last name is, you are family to me too! Get this through your head! Truth to be told, I am still a little hurt and angry with all of you for keeping this from me, for lying to Me." everyone looked away, even Aiden. "But I am more grateful. I am grateful that despite my huge tantrum, you all cared enough to risk your life for me, not because I am blood but because I am loved." I looked at each bruised and happy face as I silently passed a grateful message to all of my friends and family. I turned back towards Aiden.

"Maybe it will take me some time to push the words away but Aid..." I sighed dramatically. "Slapping you helped a lot."

I bit my lip to hold my chuckle as everyone burst into laughter. Aiden shook his head and picked me up in a bear hug.

 Aiden shook his head and picked me up in a bear hug