Drunk on kisses

UPDATE!

I HAVE AN UPDATE TO DELIVER!

OKAY, SO i WANT TO TELL YOU ALL- NEXT CHAPTER WILL BLOW YOUR MIND. BETTER BE READY ;)

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO hellachill BECAUSE SHE IS AWESOME :)

~~~~~~~~~~

"We're here to talk, Xavier. Just listen-"

"Listen to what?! How because of you, people got to decide the course of my life?!"

I flinched and my eyes welled up.

"See, Watson. It's a serious matter here-"

"My life is a serious matter too, whoever you are! And you have no right to-"

"My life is literally in fucking danger, you asshole! Tell me what I was supposed to do after seeing you in pool of blood?! Leave you? I am sorry that I have humanity!"

He gulped as I quoted him and looked away.

"What do you want?" he asked in an emotionless voice.

"I want to talk to you. I want to know if you're okay. I want to see if you're okay because trust me, your words are haunting me. They are eating me alive." I looked down as a tear slid down my cheek. "I have a few question too. That only you can answer."

He contemplated for a minute and eyed me. There was a strange emotion in his eyes. He looked torn but at the same time, it edged towards guilt.

He averted his eyes and looked at her new foster mom. She smiled kindly and nodded. I have a feeling that they aren't bad.

"Come in, kids." She smiled and opened the door wide. "I will get you something to eat."

We nodded at lose of words and stepped in.

"Let's take this to my room." Xavier murmured. "Cathy, you don't have to get them anything. We need privacy for a moment."

I saw hurt in Cathy's eyes. As if she wanted to say something but decided against it. Most likely thinking that it's not her right.

My heart broke a little at that.

When I stepped in his room, my heart broke completely. He hasn't even unpacked anything. It's like he is not ready to live here a day above his 18th birthday.

I sighed and rubbed my temples as I took a seat on the edge of bed next to Liam. Xavier dragged a bean bag and sat on it.

"What-?"

"How are you?" the question slipped out of my tongue before I could stop. He looked at me for a moment before he looked away.

"Alright, I guess."

"Are they treating you-?"

"My previous one treated me right for a year, Astrid." He sneered "I don't believe the act."

I bit back a retort and nodded. Heavy silence settled between us until Liam cleared his throat.

"Astrid. Ask." I nodded and Liam secretly switched on his recorder.

"Be honest with me on this, Xavier. Answer me like the person who saved me that day." I pleaded. "What were you doing there?"

He paled but composed himself.

"I told you that I was Christmas shopping."

"Yes. You did. Now what were you really doing there?" I narrowed my eyes.