Curse

CAUTION: A LOT OF DRAMA, HEARTBREAK AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AHEAD.

This chapter is dedicated to every single person who is hurt by words, who is verbally abused and whose scars are not physical but emotional. Through this chapter, I want to make you all realize that words are the worst form of weapon both when written and spoken. Never, I repeat never hurt anyone with your words because you never know how much those words penetrate and change a person.

I am not exaggerating. These words changed my life in 2 ways- when they were used fiercely through speech, they destroyed me to the core and it took me 4 years to heal and when these words were used passionately through my pen, they made me who I am, they healed me.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THESE WORDS. NEVER.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dad!"

"Mr Parker!"

"Henry!"

"Someone call the ambulance!"

"He's got a heart attack!"

This time, everybody screamed and I stayed rooted on pavement. Not that I didn't want to but because I couldn't.

I couldn't move.

Guilt weighed me down.

The intensity of my attack burned me.

And I stayed rooted on ground.

Aiden rushed inside for keys as Asher held dad and cried. Everyone was either by his side or starting their vehicles. I finally found the courage to lift myself up as Asher laid him on Alex's car's backseat, Rose took the shotgun and Alex started his car.

"I-I want to c-come too." I choked out and everybody froze.

"Go." Aiden gritted and Alex looked torn between me and Aiden before he chose his side and pulled out of driveway in hurry. Felix, Lizette and Liam had fear written all over their face as they took in Aiden's furious face.

"I-"

"Don't!" he growled. "Don't you dare?!"

And I thought that I ran out of tears.

"Since the day, you came in our lives, you've bought nothing but devastation. My mother died protecting you when I was 7 and now my father is dying for protecting you at 18. What have we ever done to you?! What kind of curse are you to take away everything loved by us?! That women who burned alive in car that day was 6 months pregnant with my sister! We lost them but we believed that we found you. That we found happiness in you! But we were so wrong. You, Cygnet Law, are a curse that not only destroyed a whole kingdom but also destroyed our life!"

I looked at him with defeated eyes as every single word killed me.

"Ever thought why we protected you so much?! We didn't! We were only keeping our promise. We were only respecting our dying mother's last wish! We don't fucking care for you!"

I gasped and cupped my mouth.

"You've figured it right, Princess! We never loved you. We are your fake family, right? We're fake! That's why we spent every second of our life to protect you, to never let you know the truth, to never let you feel like an outsider! We spent our nights to practise shooting when according to you we were partying. Your 'fake' dad shifted halfway through America leaving his wife's memories for you. But you never cared! Did you? Why? Because we aren't your blood, right?"

I inhaled sharply.

"You are a disgrace, Cygnet. You are a hurricane who brings destruction everywhere. Now you realise why everybody leaves you? Let me tell you why, it's because you are a curse! I wish I never let mom go that day. She wouldn't have found you and would've been alive! My sister would've been alive. My dad would've been alright! Hell, if you didn't exist, your own family, your own blood would've been alive! But guess what, you killed them all."