Call me maybe?

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO suhanijainmailbox BECAUSE SHE IS AN AMAZING FRIEND. I LOVE HER AND RIGHT NOW, I AM MISSING HER LIKE HELL! SHE IS MY PRINCESS!

Yup! its official, Alex sucks at chemistry XD

enjoy :*

~~~~~~~~~~

Monday was the day when everything went back to normal. Almost.

Everybody was whispering when I entered the school in my brother's car instead of Neal's. Classes were a blur and all I could focus was on ignoring the gossip and rumours.

Everybody was wondering about the adventures of my weekend.

The school routine was back to what it used to be, if you don't count Neal sitting with us at lunch. I forced him to sit with us despite my glaring brothers and for some unknown reason, irritated Alex. Rose was trying her best to tame him. I discreetly pointed that Aiden and Asher both let their new friends join us and thus it shouldn't be a problem if I do the same.

They begrudgingly agreed.

I admit that I tried to find Liam too but let's just say that the guy was amazing at hide and seek (I think Kim has a hand in that).

Right now, I was at soccer practise, desperately trying to pick up shreds of my shattered confidence.

I looked to my left and saw Alex. Giving him a small nod, I passed him the ball. Almost immediately, opposition team started chasing him as he started kicking the ball protectively. Dodging a few rivals, he passed the ball to Caleb, one of our team mates and Caleb wasted no second in kicking it towards goal.

The kick was pretty amazing, right position and everything but it's a shame that goal keeper was my brother.

We didn't score.

Coach Andrew blew his whistle and we all stopped. I bent with my hands on knees and panted.

"Astrid!" two voices hollered.

Before I could make out which one to address first, a towel and a water bottle came flying on my face.

"Gee, thanks." I rolled my eyes at Alex and Aiden's sheepish faces. Taking a large gulp of water, I gently swiped the sweat clean. Coach approached me.

"Are you alright, Astrid?"

I had a feeling about where this was heading but I played dumb and nodded.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. It's just that you seem out of form, lately."

I looked away. I won't ever admit out loud, but my confidence is on all time low after the little incidence.

"No need to worry coach. I was a little distracted for a while but I am getting myself together. I always do."

Coach nodded and patted me on back.

"You're one of the finest soccer player I have seen, Astrid and I hope you know that I have huge expectations from you. I believe in you and it's about time you start doing that too. If you need to talk, you know my cabin number."

I gave him a genuinely grateful smile.

"I will keep that in mind, coach."

He smiled and jogged back.

"You okay?"

I turned on my heels and saw a hesitant yet worried Aiden, with Alex behind him.

I gave him a small smile and a thumbs up.