Revenge is a sweet feeling

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO somyabhutani BECAUSE SHE IS AN INCREDIBLE FRIEND. I LOVE HER AND RIGHT NOW, I AM MISSING HER LIKE HELL! SHE IS LOVE!

The gif above is none other than our sweetheart, Rose Jones ;)

enjoy the update and don't forget to vote and comment :*

I was furious.

Not that it is a new thing but damn, I was livid.

I stomped in my bedroom and locked the door with a bang.

"Come on, Astrid! Come out! At least listen to us?"

"No thanks! And I think you will have to be tutored by your partner today." Venom dripped down my tongue with each word.

We had trials. Neal and Rose came to watch me, Aiden and Alex. Asher couldn't make it because of lacrosse trials. I still had a cramped back and I knew I wouldn't be able to perform my best because of overexertion during previous match with Aiden but I never learned to give up. I was going to try and do my best.

But no, my brother and his overprotectiveness. He must have noticed me struggling during our little match as he purposely slacked in trials for me. I was confused at first and so was Alex but then I caught a little eye contact between the two that said it all. The way Alex looked at me after that little interaction was enough to blow the last piece of sanity I had. But that made it even worse.

Soccer is my release and this frustration drove me to play harder.

By the end of the game, there was no question that my captainship was untouched. But all of the cheers and proud smiles felt vain because even when I gave my best, 2 of the most talented people didn't.

I wonder if I got captainship as a gift last year too.

I shook the thought away and decided to be truthful to coach but Aiden stopped me.

"No. You deserve it, Astrid-"

"Don't tell me what I deserve, Aiden! You purposely sabotaged your chances for me!"

"I didn't-"

Alex entered.

"Oh! Look your best friend is here. I will take this as my cue to get the hell away from both of your lives!"

And I stomped out. I didn't want to go home and Neal saw that.

"You up for some food, my treat?"

I didn't waste a moment to grab his hand and storm out.

I have to admit. I saw the worst in Neal when he talked to me the first time. He wasn't half bad and I felt comfortable when I told him what happened. He understood my point and cleverly pointed out the thought I was trying to bury.

Was my captainship last year, a lie?

Seeing my distressed face, he quickly changed the subject. My mood lightened considerably as he started speaking about his little brother, Ethan and his life in Pete Knight high. We drove into Bentley's kitchen and this made me somewhat relieved that even though I was out with a stranger, I wasn't in a completely new place.

I had Ryder.

Turns out, Ryder and Neal are best friends as Ryder goes to Pete Knight high, Neal's ex-school. When Ryder saw my mood down, he took a break from his shift and sat with us.

No matter how much I didn't want to, I had to go home. So, Neal finally drove me home at 8:30. I was considerably calm and all my anger almost dissolved into laughter because of Neal.