Chapter 2

Alessio Castellano. That name brought both fear and respect to those that resided in the New Jersey area. He owned it all and then some. His latest conquest was an old falling down nightclub called Chains and he was bound and determined to save it and keep it open. A local girl, named Sixx, had basically put this place on the map.

Mickey, the previous owner, was more than glad to sell to Castellano. The only thing he stipulated in the closing contract was for Alessio to allow Guardian to play their final show of their seven month long tour there at Chains. Alessio could live with that.

He had a good long time to get all the remodeling done and he was very pleased with it plus the fact that the club was still drawing in the patrons and the fact he wasn't just breaking even, made it more of a great business decision than merely a good one.

Dressing in his black suit, he ran his hands through his hair. A couple of meetings would take up his time this morning but then the rest of the day he would be at his club. Guardian's tour bus was due in around two that afternoon.

Part of his great business acumen was he kept tabs on everyone that had anything to do with his businesses and Ms. Sixx was no exception. He'd been enthralled with her the first moment he saw her picture and when one of his secretary's showed him a YouTube video, he was sucked in.

He had watched interviews with her and found her to be quite entertaining and intelligent and he had hoped that she was like that in person.

"Boss?" Lorenzo Agassi, his under boss called out. "Yes?" he responded. "It's time. We have a tight schedule today if we're gonna get you to Chains in time this afternoon" his right hand man added. Pulling out a cigarette, Lorenzo provided a lighter so Alessio could light up. "Let's go" he said blowing out rings into the morning air.

Standing six feet three inches, he was formidable looking. He worked out religiously, drank and smoked but never touched drugs. That was the one vice he did not dabble in. He left that to the other families. He didn't tolerate drug use in his organization, there was a zero tolerance policy on that.

Rich, dark wavy hair, steel blue eyes and tattoos. That's what made up the man known as Alessio Castellano. He loved women as well. He was not a man whore but a man that was very choosy about who he kept company with and somehow he was always able to make the woman think it was her idea to end their 'relationship'.

There was no shortage of women throwing themselves at him but he would always pass, much to their consternation. He wanted a woman that could challenge him, that was not your stereo-typical broad. He wanted someone that was self-assured, who would need him but not be needy. He had yet to find such a woman.

Arriving outside the city, Lorenzo pulled their BMW sedan into a long driveway that would lead them to a very Gothic looking mansion. This building served three purposes. One, it was a high class brothel, housing only the best of woman kind. Second, the basement served as a safe house/business office. All meetings were held there and third, Alessio's men lived on the third level. The brothel occupied the first and second floors while the third floor was living quarters and off limits to the girls.

"Everyone here?" Castellano asked. Federico Rossi, his Consigliere, answered "Everyone is present and accounted for, Boss." Nodding, Alessio waited for Lorenzo to get his door. Exiting the vehicle, they walked towards the front door.

Castellano surrounded himself with the best and brightest of the organized crime world. They were loyal to a fault, would take a bullet for him without thinking and brought brains as well as brawn to what he was trying to accomplish and that was a stronger organization and more money along with stability for his men and their families.

Lorenzo Agassi was his Under Boss. They'd known each other for over twenty years. Both of them had attended NYU and graduated together. Tommaso Bianchi was his Captain and Lorenzo's step brother so Alessio had known him for over twenty years as well.

Then of course Federico Rossi, his legal counsel. The man was smart as a whip. Graduated from Harvard law at the top of his class and then his two most trusted soldiers, Diego Colombo and Salvatore Romano, they were distant family from Palermo.

Walking into the house would have been a dream come true for any man but not Alessio. While he would never look down on the women that he employed, he would never allow himself to bed any of them. He would rather have a woman that was pure or at least didn't lay it down for every Tom, Dick or Harry. He had standards.

"Good morning, Mr. Castellano" a beautiful Asian girl by the name of Mai-Ling addressed him. "Ling" he responded as he kept walking. The girls knew better than to try him. The other men in his organization, well that was a different story. Some of the girls had their favorites as did his men.

The girls were all walking around in various states of undress. Lingerie was the uniform, unless they were off duty and then they could wear whatever they wanted. Alessio appreciated the beautiful bodies and praised them for taking care of themselves but that was the extent of it.

"Gentlemen" Alessio greeted his round circle. "Boss" they said in unison. "Report" Castellano said moving right into business.

Lorenzo stood. "The Mansion (the brothel) brought in $42k extra last quarter. That's up 4% from the previous quarter. No trouble with the girls and their cuts. We did have one girl get pregnant. She swore up and down the John used a condom and after further investigation we determined that the product was defective. The girl chose the baby and has sworn to Omerta. We have her under surveillance to just be on the safe side."

After getting the rest of the business run-down, it was twelve forty-five. Time to head for Chains. He had been looking forward to this for a while now.

When they pulled into the VIP parking, Tommaso informed him that she had not yet arrived. "I want you to keep post on this door" Alessio told his man. "Got it, boss. I'll bring her straight to your seat when she arrives" Bianchi replied.

Castellano prided himself on the club being a non-smoking venue, so he'd set up designated areas for the patrons to light up. Stepping outside himself and taking the almost empty pack from his jacket pocket, he put his lighter to the tip.

Blowing out several rings, he stood thinking about everything and nothing until Tommaso came to tell him that Ms. Sixx had arrived. Stubbing out his smoke, he adjusted his tie, buttoned his jacket and headed in.

He arrived just in time to hear Jake, the bartender, swooning over her. But she was very gracious and treated him kindly. Then he heard her tell him that she never drank before a gig.

"Intelligent as well as beautiful" Alessio told her causing her to turn in the direction of his voice. She was more magnificent in person than he'd imagined. Beautiful green eyes, porcelain skin and gorgeous ink that covered her arms.

"Mr. Castellano, I'm Sixx. Thank you so much for the opportunity of letting us come back here for our final show." the young woman said sticking out her hand in greeting. He felt the connection with her almost immediately and he noticed she did as well. Her pupils dilated.

"Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself" she said. "I need to go help set up equipment and do an initial soundcheck. We'll do one more two hours before the show." She turned to go when Alessio asked her if he could stay for soundcheck. She smiled, while looking him up and down and then replied "It's your club but yeah, you can stay."

He watched as her fingers nimbly controlled her guitar as she belted out a few riffs from a well known rock group. Listening to her expertly talk about the monitors, sound, etc. he knew she was very intelligent but when she did what she called a 'voice warm up', he was not prepared for the sound that came from her gorgeous lips.

She sang Ava Maria, perfectly acapella and in perfect Italian. Who was this woman? She had the entire occupancy of the club in her hands at that moment. No one could believe what they were hearing. He even heard Lorenzo mutter "Fanculo" when she opened her mouth. He had to know her better.