Chapter 18

Cheri's head felt like it had been bashed in, it was splitting from an intense pain but she couldn't tell if it was because of something she was injected with or if she really had been hit.

"Well I see our little princess is finally awake" said a disembodied male voice from the corner.  "Geraldo" she said weakly.  "Did my father sanction this?" she asked, her voice snippy.  He laughed, stepping out of the shadows of the room and said "No, he did not.  He actually fired me.  This is all me" he said as if proud of what he'd done.

 Cheri scoffed.  "I hope you realize that you will never walk away from here alive."  She was definitely sure that Alessio would find her.

His demeanor completely changed as he got right up in her face.  "You think your man is going to be able to find you?" he sneered.  "You think he'll find you before I have my way with you?  I'm gonna use your little body so that no other man will ever want to touch you again" he threatened.

Cheri shuddered as he licked the side of her face, again.  The first time he'd done it was in that shitty little bar they were in.  Genevieve actually egged him on to do more than just lick her face but thank God he didn't listen to that psycho bitch from hell.

She decided to change tactics and be submissive and buy herself as much time as she possibly could.  "May I please have some water, Geraldo?  Please?" she asked softly.  Walking to the fridge, he grabbed a bottle, took off the top and held it to her mouth.

"Oh my God" she said after drinking half the bottle.  "Thank you so much" she gushed.  Laying her head on her shoulder, she tried to get comfortable.  

"Are you tired?" he asked gruffly.  She nodded.  He pulled a gun from his waistband and approached her.  "I'm going to untie your ropes.  Don't try anything funny.  I will not hesitate to put a bullet in you" he warned.  Signaling for her to move towards the bed, she got up on unsteady legs and moved that way.

Taking a chain, he wrapped the cuff around her ankle, securing it to the metal frame of the bed.  At this point she didn't care.  Reaching down, she untied her tennis shoes and took off her socks.  God that felt so great!

Placing her head on the pillow, she looked at her captor and said "Thank you, I appreciate it."  Closing her eyes, she just prayed that the Holy Mary would keep her safe until Alessio could get to her.

Groaning, Cheri rolled over in bed, the chain rattling to remind her of her captivity.  She looked around the room for Geraldo but he was nowhere to be found so she just sat up against the headboard and waited.

She didn't have to wait long before he showed up from being outside.  "Sleep well?" he asked.  Cheri nodded.  "I did, thank you.  May I please use the restroom?" she asked.  "The chain is long enough, you just won't be able to shut the door all the way.  I'll be in the kitchen while you go" he said.

Getting up, Cheri brought her chain with her to the bathroom.  She was looking around for something she could use to pick a lock with but Geraldo made sure there was nothing laying around.

Sighing, she sat down on the toilet, did her business, washed her hands and returned to the bed.  She was thinking back to her last thoughts of when she saw Alessio.  His mouth on her, the touch of his fingers on her body, his kisses.  She missed him, so much.

The first thing she was going to do when she got home was take a hot shower and then go to bed with her boyfriend.  She needed to feel his body on top of hers, remembering how he felt inside her really stirred her up.

"Cheri?" Geraldo called out to her, breaking the thoughts she was having of Alessio.  "Yes?" she called back as nicely as she could.  "Are you hungry?" he asked.  She definitely could eat.  "Yes I am" she replied.

He came with a tray bearing a grilled cheese, tomato soup and a bottle of water.  It smelled awfully good and looked appetizing.  He'd cut the sandwich in two, picking up one half, she bit into it.  "Oh man" she said.  He smiled.  "Good?" he asked.  She nodded taking another bite.

"Thank you" she said after finishing the sammy.  Next she dipped her spoon into the soup.  It was just as good.  "Geraldo?" she said.  He turned to face her.  "Thanks" was all she said.  He nodded and returned to the kitchen.

When she had finished her meal, Cheri laid back down on the bed, on her side facing the kitchen, so she could keep an eye on the man.  She noticed that the sun had gone down and it was getting darker by the minute outside.

She saw a flash of lightening which made her cry out and jump.  Geraldo walked back into the room she was being kept in.  "Storms still bother you?" he asked.  She nodded.  "Ever since that night, yes.  I hate storms with a passion now" she remarked.

"Cheri, you know I was only following orders, orders that your father gave" he said.  Cheri looked at him with tears in her eyes.  "You made me watch, while the others beat him within an inch of his life, Geraldo.  Then you made me watch as a bullet drilled into his skull.  I've never been the same" she said quietly.

"You seem to be doing alright with Castellano" he smirked.  She smiled at the mention of his name.  "Yes, I am" she replied.  "He's made me see beyond my past and for the first time in many years I am happy."

He sat down on the bed and put his hand on her thigh.  He didn't try anything, it was just a comforting gesture.  "Do you think you could find that happiness with me?" he asked.  Oh God!  That's what all of this was about?  Shit!

"To be honest, I don't know Geraldo.  You haven't given me much opportunity to get to know you and the few times I've been around you, you were trying to kidnap me or did succeed in doing so.  It's kind of hard to trust someone that frightens you" she told him.  Please, Alessio, please hurry up!

"I don't want you to be afraid of me" he said moving a strand of hair from her face.  "Will you just promise me that you will try?" he asked almost begging.  Cheri forced a smile and said "For you, I will try."

"I'm a little tired" she said, trying to get him off the bed.  She didn't want anything to happen between them.  She would fight him off with her dying breath.  No one, but Alessio, would be with her in that way ever again.

He nodded, got off the bed and went towards the kitchen.  She was almost asleep when she heard a thud on the roof.  What the hell?  A squirrel?  He sure was heavy-footed.  Geraldo must not have thought anything of it because he was still busy doing whatever in the other room.

All of a sudden, the lights went out, windows were busted, doors were broken down and few shots went off.  Cheri was scared shitless.  When the lights came back on, she had to pinch her arm to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

Alessio stood in the doorway.  Damn he looked amazing.  Sitting up and then standing, she made her way around the room, her chain rattling on the floor behind her as she made her way into his arms.

She didn't cry or come unhinged, she just let him hold her in his massive arms.  "I knew you would find me" she said over and over.  Kissing her head, he asked if she was okay.  "He didn't hurt me, Alessio.  He didn't even try to touch me once we got here" she told him truthfully.

"Are you ready to go home?" he inquired.  She smiled at him.  God he'd missed that so much.  "I'm completely ready.  I would love a shower and then our bed" she told him.

Lorenzo had taken the key off Geraldo and handed it to Alessio.  Thank God that was off her body now.  As they walked through the kitchen, she noticed a dead Geraldo on the floor.  

Cheri didn't even get affected seeing that.  Now, Paulo, now you can rest in peace she thought as they reached the SUV and headed home.  

Laying her head on Alessio's shoulder, she got comfortable and soon fell asleep in peace.  Her man had rescued her, she knew he would.  She never doubted it once.  She would tell him how she really felt about him.  Tonight, she would tell him she loved him.