Chapter 12

Cheri was excited about seeing Alessio and even though he'd only been gone a couple of hours, it was too long for her.  She loved spending time with him, talking with him and laughing with him.  He made her feel beautiful and no man, no matter how hard they tried, had made her feel that way since Paulo.

Alessio was going to be the man to save her from her past.  Would she finally be able to let Paulo rest in peace?  She thought she could, now that Alessio was in her life and after this morning, she had no guilt at all about them making love.  None and that was her answer right there.

"Well aren't you just a little piece of heaven on earth?" a deep, rich, slightly accented voice said.  She smiled, not even opening her eyes because she knew who it was.  Alessio.  When she did open her eyes, she was met with the most wondrous sight.  A shirtless god-like body in mid-thigh swim trunks that truly fit his body well.

"And aren't you just a tall drink of water" she flirted back, standing to her feet and walking towards him.  "Damn, baby" he mumbled.  He'd seen a lot of women in bikinis but he'd never been with a woman that filled hers out the way Cheri did.

Slowly turning around so he could see everything, she asked "You approve then?"  "Yeah I approve.  You look absolutely stunning" he commented.

Embracing him while placing little kisses on his chest, Cheri told him how much she'd missed him.  "I missed you too, cara.  Later, not now, we need to talk about one of my appointments today, okay?  Right now though, it's just us" he told her.

Trying to figure out what he was referring to, she never noticed he was walking her closer to the water's edge.  "Alessio!" she screamed.  "Don't you dare!" was all she got out before her threw her in.  When she finally resurfaced, sputtering and grinning, she warned him that paybacks were a bitch.

Cheri watched him walk to the diving board, execute the perfect dive and swim all the way to her under water.  She bounced up and down, clapping for his magnificent dive while he bowed.  Giggling she made her way over to him, begging him to take her in his arms.

Wrapping her legs around his waist, he took them a little deeper, where she just stayed in his arms and they talked about different things, kissed a little, laughed a little and at one point to let go from his neck, while her upper body floated, he walked them in circles.

She was sometimes so childlike and carefree and Alessio wanted to experience that.  A lot of times he forgot what it's like to just have fun because the majority of the time was spent taking care of his businesses, taking care of his men, meetings, money, booze and women.  He didn't allow himself such frivolities, until Cheri came into the picture.

"You're getting a little pink, fiore" he said a little concerned.  "Yeah" she sighed.  "It's probably a good time to go in."  She'd been in and out for the last three hours but he'd only been out there for one and of course he had dark skin already so he wouldn't burn, he'd just turn a beautiful shade darker.

"I had a lot of fun, Alessio" she smiled while drying off.  "It was, wasn't it?  I definitely need to use the pool more often.  It's great relaxation" he added.  "Have you played any today?" he asked referring to her guitar.  She shook her head no.

"Do you feel up to playing for me?" he asked smiling.  Returning the smile, she told him that would be like him asking if she felt like spending time with him.  "The answer will always be yes" she said.  

After cavorting in the shower, Cheri dressed in her favorite pair of ripped jeans, her hey babe tee shirt and black and white Adidas tennis shoes.  Alessio liked her hair when she let it dry naturally and since she had no one to impress, she only put on her cherry lip balm.