Chapter 17

It'd been twenty-four hours since Cheri was taken.  When Alessio and his men got to Pier 525, she was gone with Geraldo but at Alessio's behest the bartender was all too happy to slip something into Genevieve's glass.  She'd been a bitch to everyone in the bar that night and to them it was good riddance.

Lorenzo was not gentle when he slapped Alessio's ex in the face trying to rouse her.  Moaning, she lifted her head and tried to focus her eyes until she could see who was standing in front of her.  The fear on her face was evident when she recognized Lorenzo.  When she tried to leap from the chair she was sitting in, she realized she was tied with ropes and that scared her even more.

"Lorenzo, what the fuck?!" she shrilled.  The man didn't answer her but continued to stare at his nails acting like he was picking at something.  "Where is she, Genevieve?" he asked quietly.  "I, I don't know what you're talking about, Renzo" she said trying to hide the lying in her voice.

"First off, don't call me Renzo.  You lost that right when you fucked around on my boss.  Secondly, don't insult my intelligence or his.  You were seen with Geraldo in that dive and we know he has Cheri now. And lastly, you are wearing my queen's ring.  So don't fucking tell me you don't know who I'm talking about, you lying, cheating whore!"  Lorenzo was furious now.

Genevieve's face paled when he mentioned the ring.  She cursed herself, knowing she should have taken it off but it belonged to her as far as she was concerned.  She should have been Alessio's queen, not some tattooed rock chic.

"Does this bitch have a golden pussy that no one's telling me about?" she asked, sneering and chuckling about what she had just said, only she didn't see Lorenzo's palm until it was too late.  Licking the blood from her lip, Genevieve sat back upright in her chair.

"You will not speak of her so disrespectfully.  She has more class in one strand of hair than you have in your entire body!" he roared at her.  She jumped at the sound of his voice.  Maybe she should reel herself in a little.

"I won't ask you again.  Where was Geraldo taking her?  And before you answer, your father and Alessio both are watching from the other side" he said pointing to the two-way mirror.  "Don't think about lying."

She really was in deep shit.  Her father and Alessio?  She knew that whatever punishment she was going to get, her father would go along with his Don.  Not even to save her would he speak out against Alessio Castellano.  

"Frank Lantana has a cabin about thirty miles from here.  It hasn't been used since his wife passed away.  Geraldo sent me up there last week to get it ready.  I stocked it with enough food and supplies for at least two weeks.  That's where they are.  Now please, can I go?" she asked, the bitchy tone returning.

Lorenzo didn't say anything but opened the door and in walked Alessio.  The woman paled under her skin considerably at the sight of her ex lover.  

"I warned you the night of the party, Genevieve.  I told you to leave her alone.  Now, you are either as stupid as a box of rocks or you think I hold you in higher esteem than I do and won't follow through with what I promised" he was walking slowly around her chair which was working her up.

"Come on, baby.  Just let me go and I'll disappear.  I promise" her tone was shaky at best.  Alessio just stared at the stupid woman.  He laughed but it was a cold laugh, devoid of emotion.  "Let you go?  Really?  Do I look new to you?"

He squatted down in front of her, looked at her hands that were bound to the arms of the chair she sat in.  Yanking the ring he'd given Cheri from her finger, she hissed and cursed out in pain from the sudden and rough movement.

"You aren't worth a bullet" he stated getting up.  "You aren't worth the mess my men would have to clean up if I used a knife."  Her breathing was getting more panicked as he walked around to her back.

Feeling his hands around her throat, she really began to beg in earnest for him to let her go.  She didn't get a chance to say another word when the snap noise her neck made echoed loudly throughout the room.

Walking from the room, he stopped to look at Genevieve's father.  "I will arrange her car to look like an accident.  You will be able to go see her at Morel's Funeral Home tomorrow.  I'm sorry it came to this but I warned her" Alessio explained.

Giovanni looked at his Don.  "Does it make me a bad father to say that I'm relieved?  She had just gotten worse from the moment of your breakup until recently.  I couldn't do or say anything to her that she would listen."

Alessio felt for his pain but he would not have any trouble sleeping tonight over Genevieve being gone from their lives.  Next on his list was Geraldo.  He wouldn't see them coming but he would most certainly feel them.

"Boss" Lorenzo started.  "Just spoke with Lantana.  He has given us the coordinates to the cabin and even asked if you needed extra men.  I honestly don't think he had anything to do with Cheri being taken.  Not this time."  He was referring to the night Geraldo showed up with a syringe in order to kidnap Cheri.

Picking up his pistol, loading the clip and popping it in, Alessio slide the action back and tucked the weapon into his waistband, then he did the same with his ankle weapon and the one at his chest.  

"I will take him up on his offer.  We don't know if Geraldo had the time to get any men to follow him or if it's just him and Cheri.  When can they be here?" Alessio asked.  Lorenzo told him within ten minutes.

Lantana sent ten men.  Alessio and Lorenzo both got the feeling these men would be loyal and trustworthy and this would be a good test for them.

Lorenzo filled them in, asked for any intel they might have concerning the placement of the cabin in relation to the road, trees, landmarks, etc.  The leader of Lantana's men, Alberto, spoke up.

"It was my job to care for Mrs. Lantana and Cheri, when she was just a little thing, and I took them to the cabin quite often.  It doesn't sit off a main road, so it will be easy for you to have the element of surprise.  

There is no back door but there is a cellar entrance that leads into the house.  There are two main windows in the front and two windows in the back.  That's it on that.

The cabin is surrounded by huge pine trees, so it will afford us additional covering and because the house and the area are not well-lit, night time would be the best to execute and pull off the rescue successfully."

Alessio took in his words carefully.  The man sounded like he was very fond of Cheri and her mother both, so he knows Alberto is loyal to Cheri but not sure about his loyalty to Lantana.

"Do I need to be concerned about you and your men, Alberto?" Alessio just asked straight and to the point.  The man shook his head no.  "Absolutely not, Don Castellano.  The men you see here, were hand picked by me, and we are loyal to you and your queen."

Getting the answer he wanted, Alessio suggested the men get suited up, check their weapons and prepare to move as soon as the sun went down.

"Hold on baby.  I'm coming to get you.  Just hold on a little longer" Alessio mumbled.  This would never happen again.  He would never let anyone get their hands on his queen again.  He just prayed that Geraldo wasn't the kind of man that gets off on hurting a woman because as of right now, he would just get a bullet but if he hurt her in anyway, he was going to die slowly and painfully.