Chapter 52

Alessio's heart almost stopped when Cheri came busting into his study.  At first he didn't care if she saw a woman on his lap but when he heard what she told the slut, how she fought for them, he found he did care, a lot.  He wanted her back, he missed her.

She was so sexy chasing them out of the house with a gun!  Who'd thought she had that in her?  He could hear her shut and lock the doors, making her way back to him, she stood in front of him for what seemed like a lifetime.

He heard the gun hit the floor and the next thing he knew, she was on her knees, her arms gripped around his thigh, weeping.  His throat closed up at the picture before him.  

She was drowning in grief and she was dealing with it alone.  It didn't take long for him to realize that they had both been selfish.

"I'm so tired, I don't want to move from here" she said softly, their arms still around one another.  Alessio needed to get her into bed.  She should still be taking it easy after all it had only been seven days.

Her wound was still covered by bandages, so he hadn't seen it yet and wasn't sure if he could bring himself to look at it.  The thought of her beautiful body being scared like that, he shook his head trying to rid himself of that image.

Standing to his feet, he grabbed his Calvin's and slid them on.  Retrieving his pants, he slipped those on and then picked up his shirt.  Bending down, he gently picked her up bridal style and stood her on her feet.  Next he picked up her clothes, folded them neatly and set them in the chair.

"Here baby" he said holding his suit jacket.  She put her arms in the sleeves without hesitation and it covered her pretty well.  Grasping the lapels in both hands, she fisted the fabric bringing it to her nose and inhaling.

Tears began falling again, seemingly all from the smell of him on his jacket.  She'd missed it so much.  "Cheri" his voice hitched.  She closed her eyes, allowing the sentiment to wash over her.

"Sorry" she whispered.  "I'm still a little hormonal from the..." she couldn't finish.  "Hey" he said taking her hand.  "I understand and don't apologize for being human" he finished.  His words, she really needed to hear those.  Today was the day, their hearts would start the healing process.

Once they'd gotten back to their room, Alessio started the shower while Cheri tended to her wounds.  Opening the vanity drawer, she took out two bandages, some ointment and a cleansing pad.  Walking from the room, she removed Alessio's jacket from her shoulders, put it on the back of a chair and went back to the bathroom.

Taking a couple of deep breaths, she removed the one in front.  She hissed.  It looked pissed off still.  The doctor said she had seven stitches in front and ten in the back.  Taking the cleansing pad, she wiped the excess fresh blood and dried blood, put on the ointment and then covered it with a waterproof bandage.

She was getting ready to take care of her back, when Alessio appeared behind her.  "Let me" his voice barely a whisper.  She nodded and leaned forward on the vanity.  "Mother...fanculo" he cursed.  He was gentle and non-intrusive in his care of her.  Securing the bandage, he told her he was done.

"Thank you" she said, smiling at him and for the first time in what felt like forever, he smiled back at her.  Lord help her now!  

It seemed like they just stared at each other, through the mirror, before Alessio made another move.  Cheri watched his hands come to her shoulders, take her bra straps and pull them down.  His mouth like searing heat on her skin.

Alessio unhooked the back closure of her bra, her round and full breasts tumbled free.  Tossing the garment on the counter, he turned her body to face his.  She felt shy all of a sudden, causing him to lift her chin so he could see her beautiful face.

He wanted to kiss her so much, those gorgeous, slightly parted lips were begging him to.  So he lowered his mouth to hers, hovering just above when Cheri breathed "Kiss me."  That was all the confirmation he needed.

Cheri loved how his hands felt, holding both sides of her face while he kissed her.  Her hands went up automatically holding his wrists, almost to steady herself.  His kisses were like reckless abandon when it came to her.

He wanted to feel selfish when it came to her.  He would never again leave her to face anything on her own, feeling alone and like she'd been abandoned.  That's what you do when you love someone and he did.  With all his heart.

Placing one more kiss on her forehead, Alessio said "Go ahead and get in.  I'll be right behind you."  Squeezing his hands, she said "Alright."  He watched her slide her thong down as her foot swept it to the side and step to the shower.

The water was so soothing and just what she needed and even though she had already had one earlier, this one would not be alone, her Alessio would be with her, comforting her, letting her know he was there.

Lifting her head up to the water, Cheri let it rain down on her, the pelting of the water running off her body and disappearing into the drain was symbolic of allowing all the shit from the past weeks to leave and never come back.

She knew Alessio had joined her, even though he tried to be very quiet about his entry.  Smiling she continued to let the water rush over her tired body.  "You're very beautiful" his voice soft and low.  What girl doesn't want to be told how beautiful she is?

Slowly opening her eyes, she still stood under the water and it made her look heavenly, the way her eyes bore into him.  Holding her arms up she said "Come here."  He didn't hesitate and she loved that about him.  

Soon he would provide her with more comfort and then it would be her turn, as they loved and took care of each other's needs.  Even when the water began to run cold, they saw no hurry in getting out until it turned bitterly cold.

Laughing, Alessio shut off the water and grabbed Cheri's towel.  Getting her nice and dry, he patted her ass gently and told her that he'd laid out some pj's for her on their bed.  

They both had expressed how tired they were and opted to fall into bed.  Everything would still be here regardless of them sleeping or not and when they awoke, they would speak at length, clearing the air and setting wronged things right.