Chapter 29

Alessio and Cheri stayed until visiting hours were over and then some.  It seems that Cheri's assessment of Cassidy, Tommaso's nurse, was correct.  She let them stay until 9:30.

Cheri looked so tired and worried.  He knew that she had grown close to Tommaso, that he was like a brother to her and he welcomed the closeness that she brought.  She had been the missing piece that he needed to complete his family.

 As soon as they got into the SUV, Cheri pulled her knees up and laid her head down on them.  He understood how she felt.  It was hard seeing his cousin laying there like that.  What was going to be even harder was telling Cheri what he knew.

He placed his hand gently in the middle of her back, running it slowly up and down; while doing this he could feel her start to relax.  He loved how her body responded to his touch, whether it was in bed, just a hug or a moment like now.

"Come here, baby" he murmured.  She wasted no time falling back into his arms, her nose in the crook of his neck, arm around his waist.  "I'm so sorry about Tommaso" she whispered sweetly.  Alessio tightened his hold around her.

"Grazie" Alessio said.  She could tell when he was getting tired, he would revert to Italian, it was just easier for him to not have to think about what language he was trying to speak.

"Bella, I know it's late but we really do need to talk when we get home" Alessio said to her.  She didn't say anything but just nodded.  "I know it's not going to be good, but until then I just want to hold you, before the real world takes over once again" Cheri told him.

He could feel the warmth of her hand through his dress shirt and the caresses of her hand on his side.  He loved how he felt when she touched him, like he was 'it' for her and there would never be another and that's he felt about her.

He had no doubts that she would become Mrs. Alessio Castellano, it was just a matter of when.  He thought they were both completely content where they were...for now.  They were still getting to know each other at this stage of the game.

He took the hand that was caressing his side and held it up to his lips, flipped it over and kissed the middle of her palm, then turned it back over and placed one on her knuckles.  "I love seeing you wear my ring, cara" he said softly.

Cheri gave him several soft little kisses on his neck, knowing very good and well that area was a huge turn on for him.  He loved the feel of her lips and mouth on his body, anywhere on his body.  They were soft, a little plump and moist...one of the many things about her body that he loved.

As they were nearing the house, Alessio could see the drive while Lorenzo pulled their vehicle in, the guard at the gate did his duty, checking in with them and letting them know that all was quiet.  Alessio was thankful for that at least.

The men all looked tired and he saw that Cheri had picked up on it as she headed to the kitchen to make coffee for everyone.  She pulled out the extra coffee maker and prepared two twelve-cup pots of coffee, took out twelve mugs, creamer, sugar and milk.

The smell of the fresh brewed goodness started wafting through the house, bringing the men to the kitchen.  Cheri had seen Tommaso do this a hundred times when he would prepare things for the men.

He watched with love and pride as Cheri took out the items for sandwiches and interacted with the men while she fixed them something to eat.  The way they reacted with her was not lost on him either.  They gave her total respect and adoration and that meant the world to Alessio.

When she had finished taking care of the men, it was just him, Lorenzo and Cheri left in the kitchen.  She fixed Lorenzo's sandwich, just like she'd seen Tommaso fix it so many times and took him a coffee.  She sat it on the table and placed an understanding hand on his shoulder.

Alessio watched Lorenzo fall apart at the gesture and grab Cheri, putting his arms around her waist, crying.  Cheri looked at Alessio helplessly, he wasn't going to tell her how to handle it, she would just do it in her Cheri-style of handling things and he would be alright soon.

She placed her hand on top of his head while he cried.  They weren't loud tears or sobs, just gentle weeping for his family member.  He had already started settling down when Cheri leaned down and placed a small kiss on top of his head and whispered "He's strong and he will be alright and you and Alessio and the rest of this family will seek and find vengeance on his behalf."

Once Lorenzo seemed okay, Cheri found her way back to Alessio.  Threading her thumbs through his belt loops, she just stood there looking up at him, her beautiful eyes searching his.  "Are you hungry?" she asked.  Alessio shook his head.  He was ready to go up to their room.

"Let me put things away" she started to say when Lorenzo stopped her.  "We'll do it, Sixx" he said referring to some of the other men and himself.  "We'll take care of everything" he said, smiling a sad smile at her.  She nodded and said "Okay."

Once they reached their room, Alessio started pulling his suit off, piece by piece until he was just in his Calvin's.  Pulling on his sweats he sat down on the couch that was outside on the patio.  Cheri had disappeared into the bathroom but came out a short time later wearing the sexiest pink pajamas.

He patted the empty spot next to him, bidding her to join him.  Once she was seated, he poured a pretty hefty scotch for them both.  They both sipped thoughtfully before Alessio broke the silence with the worst news possible.

"Cheri, it was your father that sanctioned the hit in New York and he was also behind what happened to Tommaso" Alessio's voice was strangely calm as he heard the words leave his mouth and he also noticed Cheri stiffen up quiet a bit.

"Fuck, Alessio!" she cried.  "He's doing it all over again!  He's trying to take the people I love away from me!" she was clearly upset but all he heard from her words were 'the people I love'...was it possible that she was in love with him?  This soon?  Not that it was a bad thing, just shocking and exciting at the same time.

"Tesoro, you have nothing to worry about.  We're ready for him.  You forget that he tried to take out Angelo Silveri in that meeting as well as the heads under him.  He's a dead man, Cheri.  He also lied about dying.  He's not, at least not at this present moment" Alessio said.

"Alessio, you have to promise me that you will see to him.  Take care of him.  End his miserable life and send his soul to hell where it belongs.  Please, give my mother, Paulo and me some peace!" Cheri cried.  

She knew what she was asking of him and she knew he would see it to fruition.  Her father, she scoffed at the noun, was a cold, heartless bastard of a man that knew nothing of love, not even when he had her mother and she gave it so willingly to him.  He just deserved to be...dead.