Chapter 47

Cheri spent as much time with Tommaso as she could before he had to get to work.  She had to admit she absolutely loved having a brother, someone that would stand up for her, protect her and love her.

She got these things already, from Alessio, but their's was a different dynamic all together in that one man was her lover and the other man was her brother but both would give up their lives to keep her safe.

Putting her hair up in a messy bun, Cheri put on her turquoise bikini top and the matching shorts, grabbed a legal pad and her pen and headed to the pool.  

There were just too many thoughts running around in her head to not put pen to paper and see if she could get anything from them.

She stopped in the kitchen for a beer and a bottle of water, pulled her sunglasses down and walked outside.  Even though it was overcast, she knew that the chance of her burning more would happen on a day like this, then a clear, sunny day.

Unaware of anyone watching her, she applied her sunblock and was just about to put her towel down on the lounge chair, when an unfamiliar voice called out to her.

"You need any help with that?" the man asked.  She'd never seen him before and she was pretty sure she knew everyone here at The Mansion.

Cheri shook her head at him and said no thanks, turned around and tried to ignore him, hoping he would go away.  But he didn't.

"You're sexy" he continued bothering her.  "I'm sorry" she said facing him.  "Do I know you?" she asked.  Stepping towards her he leered "No but I sure would like to."  His nasty tongue snaked along his bottom lip.

"You are making me feel uncomfortable" Cheri said, her eyes darting around, hoping someone she knew would come by.  "Aw, come Cherisa" he mocked.  Her blood ran cold at the name he used.  Only those closest to her father called her that.

She tried thinking quickly in her mind, the distance between where she was standing and the back door and how long it would take her to get there.  Could she outrun him?  

She tried and she failed.  He'd reached her first, his hands grabbing at her bun and pulling her backwards into him.  She felt a knife at her throat and his garlic tinged breath at her ear, making her shudder.

"Keep your mouth shut, baby girl" he threatened.  Just as she was starting to say something, she noticed out of the corner of her eye, a figure lurking around the corner.  It was Tommaso.  He held his finger up to his lips, telling her to keep quiet.  She mouthed 'okay'.

"What do you want?" the calmness in her voice surprised even her.  "Your father wants you home and I was told to use any means necessary" he told her as he motioned for her to start moving.

"There is no way in fucking hell you are taking my sister anywhere" Tommaso's deadly cold voice rang out.  Then Cheri and the man heard the click of her brother's gun.  Her heart was beating out of her chest but she'd never been so glad to see Tommaso in all her life.

The man turned around slowly, his sharp knife's edge still at her jugular.  "I don't think you or Castellano wants this pretty young thing's blood staining the concrete out here.  So, you're gonna let me walk outta here" he was pretty sure of himself.

Other men had started gathering around and soon Cheri and her father's goon found themselves surrounded.  The man was not showing any signs of doing what Tommaso commanded but instead insisted on tormenting him by sticking the knife into Cheri's neck and drawing blood.

Tommaso watched his sister's body pale as a small, steady trickle of blood started running down her neck and then he watched tears start to fall onto her cheeks.  No one makes his sister hurt, no one.

Before anyone could blink, Tommaso shot a hole through the man's shoulder, the one holding the knife.  He immediately lost his grip on the weapon and fell to the ground as his knife clanked and bounced into a flower bed.

Several of Castellano's men ran up and grabbed the intruder while Tommaso tended to his sister.  He had managed to take hold of her arm and kept her from hitting the concrete.

"I gotcha, sis" she could hear his words but the black dots swimming before her eyes was only an indicator that she was getting ready to pass out.

Cheri was able to make out some words as she was coming to.  She could hear Tommaso talking and it sounded like he was on his phone because she didn't hear anyone else.  

"Renz, she's fine.  Just get Alessio back here as soon as possible."  Then Lorenzo must have said something in reply.  "I know.  We're still trying to figure out how the fuck he got in here to begin with.  Sal is going over all the security camera tapes with Donatello right now.  See you soon."

"Mas?" Cheri called out.  Her brother turned around and headed straight for her.  He had carried her to her and Alessio's room after Dr. Moranzo had looked at her.  The cut was deep but not deep enough to require stitches.

"Hey sis" he said quietly and taking a seat next to her on the bed.  Cheri turned onto her side, supporting her head with her hand.  "He's not going to stop, is he Mas?"  The realization that she was going to have to deal with this indefinitely hit her.

Taking her hand in his, Tommaso lifted it to his lips and kissed it tenderly.  "Cheri you have to know by now that there is not a single man in this house that will let any danger fall to you.  Lantana has already crossed so many lines with you, not to mention Alessio.  It's only going to end one way and that's with him dead.  Don't worry your pretty little head about it.  We'll take care of everything."  

His words soothed her to an extent but how many more times would they have to look over their shoulders before he met his end?  She started to respond when she heard Alessio coming loudly up the stairs.

She just looked at her brother who in turn gave her that smirk and she rolled her eyes because she knew what was coming next, so she braced herself for it.

Bam!  The door flung open and there was her Don, standing before her and Tommaso, looking like he had revenge in his eyes.  Alessio was scary when he was like this, because all he saw was red when it came to her and her safety.

"Tommaso" he said, turning to look at his man.  "I need the room."  "Si, boss" Tommaso said, exiting the room.  When he shut the door, the click was the only thing you could hear in the room.

Sighing, Cheri stood up and walked over to him, his eyes on her the whole time.  Stepping behind him, she pulled his suit jacket off, walked into their closet and hung it up.

The next thing to go was his red tie, she just laid it on top of their dresser.  Taking his hand she led him to the balcony where she bid him sit down and she fixed him a hefty shot of scotch.

She gently sat down on his lap and immediately his body went from completely wound up to relaxed.  Alessio took the glass gratefully and took a healthy swig after which he handed it back to his girlfriend and she sat it on the coffee table.

Cheri needed his scent, so she placed her face in the crook of his neck and inhaled.  "Hmm, you smell so good baby" she told him.  He was absolutely amazed at her composure and was starting to think maybe he'd misjudged just how strong she really was.

"So, when do we leave?" she asked.  Lifting her chin with his fingers, his eyes caught hers.  "As soon as it's dark" was his answer.  They had a little time before she had to pack everything, once again.

She wasn't going to waste it either, so getting up, she took his hand and led him back to their bed where she removed her swim shorts and top.  Alessio cupped her bottom, lifted her and laid her in the middle, kissing her as her hands worked on getting his pants undone and his shirt off.

He worked very hard on getting her mind off these last events and it worked.  The only things she could seemingly concentrate on was his tongue, his lips, his hands and his hard on.  

She loved how he could push her to take whatever he offered.  After an hour and a half of giving each other pleasure, they showered, dressed and prepared to pack.

Alessio started to leave the room for a moment, when Cheri grabbed his hand pulling him to her.  "I love you Castellano" she said, her hand tight on his waist.  He smashed his mouth against hers in response, some things didn't need words, the action backed it up.